Jones county silent

Status
Not open for further replies.

grady012462

I have noticed that the laurel and ellisville towers have been silent except for fire and rescue..any one else having this problem.county had been fine until a day or so ago.

grady012462

To answer my own question I have found that Jones county has thrown the switch to go full encryption for the same reason MHP did.

dosboot

This is way I never told anything I heard or put it on social, I knew this would happen. So much for transparency in Jones Co.
it’s funny HPD, Forrest Co., Lamar Co. etc.are still full open.

grady012462

This is way I never told anything I heard or put it on social, I knew this would happen. So much for transparency in Jones Co.
it’s funny HPD, Forrest Co., Lamar Co. etc.are still full open.
I hear ya.Looks like I am going to have to invest in an external antenna so maybe I can hear Hattiesburg forest and Lamar.

grady012462

I’m guessing it is, not instead of encrypted audio I’m not hearing anything at all.
I am using a uniden bcd99p2 scanner it doesn’t automatically lock out encryption yours may detect encrypted and skip it and go back to scanning mode.may be the reason you see a key up but no audio.I have to manually lock out encrypted channels to not hear them at all.

grady012462

I was playing around this weekend and reprogrammed my Uniden with the Laurel and Ellisville towers but this time I didn't lock out anything just wanted to manually lock out when I hear encrypted audio .To make a long story short I accidentally set the scan mode to ID Search and not ID Scan in freescan. I now hear a ton of traffic unencrypted, still no Dispatch but a whole lot more than when I programmed in ID Scan.Im pretty sure I hear Forest county because I kept hearing Petal come up and that is on the Ellisville tower. Its kinda hard to identify a lot of the traffic because I have never heard all I am hearing now. Just wanted to share this.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Jones started out all E, added a clear TG for SO. But is now back full E due to streaming. Maybe things will change again one day after an change of Sheriff.

Status
Not open for further replies.