JPSO system new talkgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajl442

Today I found a new talkgroup on the JPSO apco25 system. TG 12240, traffic was a fire department. Engine 10 responding to Bayou Road for a medical call. The TG was in digital. Any idea on who is using it? Sounds like St Bernard FD, but why would they be using the JPSO system?

red8

JPSO talkgroup id

Do you think St. Bernard shares that as with Jefferson
SO. like West Baton Rouge SO is on the Baton Rouge public safety
system? The reason why I am asking is because the Baton Rouge
has West Baton Rouge Sheriff, Baker PD, and Zachary Pd. On their
system plus numerous fire departments and Parish EMS.

red8

go jr. win at Pocono on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

red8

hey ajl442, i just checked that id on the data and the id's for jp
start in the 60,000's and i also checked the old analog system and
did not find it. at which time i checked the st. bernard system and their system is on 700 mhz and the id's start out in single digits and
then go up to double digits. i hope this will help you . perhaps if i may
make a suggestion go to www.radioreference. and check the data
for louisiana for other parishes in your area.
red8

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
ajl442 said:
Today I found a new talkgroup on the JPSO apco25 system. TG 12240, traffic was a fire department. Engine 10 responding to Bayou Road for a medical call. The TG was in digital. Any idea on who is using it? Sounds like St Bernard FD, but why would they be using the JPSO system?
What about it made you think it was St. Bernard? There are lots of Bayou Roads down that way. I know of one in Kenner, so there are likely many in JP.

ajl442

Red8 it was on the JPSO apco25 system in digital not on the older analog JP system.

Engine 10 fits in with the St Bernard FD numbering system. SBFD station 10 was located at 3901 Bayou Rd pre Katrina. As far as I know no one in JP has an engine 10. JPFD, Kenner, Harahan, and the vol depts use a 3 digit numbering system with the exception of the 2 Gretna departments. I do not believe that either Davy Crockett or Gould have an engine 10 nor do I know of a Bayou Rd in Gretna.

I occasionally go to the NO area and I will look for it again the next time I am there.

Last edited:

hank1944

JPSO digital apco25

Ajl442 You are correct,that talkgroup is in St.Benard,I have monitored it quite a bit and all the dispatch locations are in St.Benard. hank1944

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Well your reasoning makes a lot more sense given the evidence. I wonder though if it is just patched there. I mean with the way communications are being handled in the NOLA and SE LA area, nothing would surprise me. Look at all the stuff that is patched into the LATIE system right now. Then you have St. Bernard with it's own 700 MHz P25 system that has no connection to LATIE. Things just seem crazy down there right now. The thing to do is for someone to monitor this 12240 TG on the JPSO system and also monitor TG 25 on the St. Bernard system to see if it just a patch. Of course that is going to take two digital scanners and at least one of them has to be a BCD396T or BCD996T for the 700 MHz system in St. Bernard. Plus, that someone is going to have to be in the right area to hear both at the same time...this is never as easy as it sounds. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.