JSquelch - HF Voice Recorder

skyking_comms

I’ve been trying out a piece of software called JSquelch which activates a recorder when voice is detected on HF frequencies - details here

It allows you to record the audio as a single file or you can create individual audio files based on setting a silence period.
All you need to do is choose the sound input, choose a file path to save to and tick ‘save audio’.

For Windows users you need to download the Win64 version Release Latest · jontio/JSquelch

You can run multiple instances of JSquelch, so you could open one for each frequency you want to monitor

The author is always interested in hearing feedback from users and would be willing to improve it if there's interest

invergordon

I've just found this via a recent link on Twitter from mersey_radar. There's lots of adjustable numbers and to be frank I don't have the ability to fully understand what they mean except AGC and SNR threshold. When selecting my default soundcard and using my KiwiSDR2 via the browser and starting JSquelch after ten or so seconds all I get is what sounds like a 1 second replay of what it is hearing, visualized by this graphic of my MULTIPSK window that was open at the same time for SELCAL decoding:
JSquelch1.jpg

Here's my JSquelch settings:
JSquelch2.jpg

Is there anything obviously wrong?

skyking_comms

Suggest you contact Jonti who created JSquelch to see if he has produced a user guide - I've not seen one myself.

Looks like your problem could be a soundcard setting in Windows.

One of the challenges with JSquelch is that it's been created in Linux rather than Windows, so soundcard settings can be an issue.

Hopefully you can get it up and running soon and can provide feedback to Jonti - would be great to see updates released for JSquelch for those of us using Windows.

The ability to extract and record HF voice from the noise has always been on high on my list of wants for SDR software.
JSquelch is the closest I've come to having this ability