• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

jt1000 repeater operation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmw7108

i have a vhf jt1000 for use on the 2m bands, and i must have a programming error. i have the correct rx freq and pl, and correct tx freq and pl set in the radio. however, when i test it with a scanner listening on the receive freq, all that happens is i hear the repeater open up and thats it. also, the repeater doesnt open squelch until i release the ptt button. so, i think i have something set up wrong. does anyone know what to do?

james

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Chances are you are too close to your scanner when conducting your test and you are overloading the receiver of the scanner. Move farther away from the scanner, 20ft at least perhaps more and try the test again. If nesessary move outdoors and have someone listen to the scanner.

jmw7108

Ok il give that a try next time. i tried it on the simplex murs frequencies as a test also, at the same distance away from the scanner, and the signal came in on the scanner with no prob at all.

james

clanusb

i have the same prob with my mts2000 on gmrs. since the programmer misunderstood my request he made the repeater inputs simplex, not repeater op. so for now, as im waiting for my MOL account, i use a scanner to hear the repeater output..

jmw7108

i have the same prob with my mts2000 on gmrs. since the programmer misunderstood my request he made the repeater inputs simplex, not repeater op. so for now, as im waiting for my MOL account, i use a scanner to hear the repeater output..

well it sounds like you have yours set up in simplex or talkaround mode, mines actually set up for repeater operation and all the repeater does is key up it seems like

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
well it sounds like you have yours set up in simplex or talkaround mode, mines actually set up for repeater operation and all the repeater does is key up it seems like

Like I mentioned...thats a classic example of receiver overload. You sit next to your scanner with your HT in hand, key up the local repeater but you hear nothing from the scanner listening to the repeater until you unkey the HT.

If you had a higher quality receiver to monitor the repeater like another Motorola radio you can sit next to it all day and listen to yourself talk thru the repeater. Not going to happen with the scanner.

You could also try using low power, might getaway with that but I dought it. Just do like I suggested to test, have someone listen to your scanner and then you move away from the scanner until the HT doesn't over load it anymore. Then you will hear yourself thru the repeater.

Luis_R

Like I mentioned...thats a classic example of receiver overload. You sit next to your scanner with your HT in hand, key up the local repeater but you hear nothing from the scanner listening to the repeater until you unkey the HT.

If you had a higher quality receiver to monitor the repeater like another Motorola radio you can sit next to it all day and listen to yourself talk thru the repeater. Not going to happen with the scanner.

This is correct. Take skypilot's advice.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Once in a while I get a complaint from a customer. Using their radios (on a repeater channel) they say "my truck is right next to the other one, but when I transmit they can't hear me"! If I'm in a good mood I'll try to explain. If I'm cranky, I'll just walk away. This thread brought to light a very common problem.

auxscan

well if you wanna hear yourself on the scanner but are too close, you can always program the input frequency and can listen to yourself loud and clear.

example if on GMRS repeater

input 467.625 program this frequency in the scanner and you can hear yourself.
output 462.625 this would be the RX but need to be 20 feet away from the scanner or in another room to hear yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.