Juicy Development Releases Police Scanner for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Interesting here in Indiana I am starting to get people come in and ask if using there iphone mobile scanner app in the car breaks the Indiana mobile scanner laws.
I guess this will have to be tested by the courts.

radio ref should stop being a provider for cell phones i dont know much about this but i do know my next door person is a convicted sex offender an he showed me his app from rr he was bragging about knowing where the cops were all the time i didnt even know you could do this shame on someone kw

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
radio ref should stop being a provider for cell phones i dont know much about this but i do know my next door person is a convicted sex offender an he showed me his app from rr he was bragging about knowing where the cops were all the time i didnt even know you could do this shame on someone kw

For the last 40? years he could have a scanner that would do the same thing. What's the difference??

RayAir

Hope Juicy Development LLC has a good lawyer, because they will need it in a wrongfull death lawsuit someday.

What are you smoking? Listening to police frequencies was still legal last I checked.
If they don't want people to listen then encrypt, which is the trend anyway. And they probably have MDT's so they can send the call over the MDT.

EC-7

What is the difference in someone using a physical scanner or a app on a phone? If anything, a scanner would be better for criminals, cause they can set it to what they need, not just whats available on a audio feed.

Also, PD doesnt always go around "broadcasting" their location, unless its on a traffic stop or being requested by dispatch for nearest car for a call. They dont key up every 5 min and say "Hey world, Im at Main St and 5th Street, just an FYI". With CAD/MDT being used now, the live audio wont have all the details as before.

I host a PD/Fire feed on here and hope to have 3 more running soon.
Gratiot County Fire and Police Dispatch Live Scanner Audio Feed - Gratiot Co Mi.

xmusicianguy

Feed Provider
I think this is a bit of over exaggeration. When or if the blame finger is pointed, im sure everyone who had there hand in it will have to answer. This includes the scanner app companies, Radio Reference and even the user who streams the broadcast. I agree with tmundal and his K-9 friend, where we as scanner feed providers need to limit some frequencies we broadcast. Almost all agencies in Tennessee have some sort of encryption or "mutual aid" channel they can switch to if need be. Some use radios that a normal scanner has a hard time receiving, such as THP and there low band system. There is always a hurdle that law enforcement will have to jump to stay ahead of the game, but they do, and they will.

On a side note, I downloaded the police scanner app and it doesn't receive feeds. Buttons don't work. Uninstalled and refunded untill bugs can be fixed. Sprint Hero with Android 1.5.

I'm in McMinnville, TN. (Between Nashville and Chattanooga). We still use analog open frequencies here. I'm the only person in my area to broadcast here. Far as THP. I tried getting their frequencies. Even though some are analog they use a low frequency so it's VERY hard to get them.

xmusicianguy

Feed Provider
I use an Android scanner app called "ScannerRadio". Works GREAT. One of the MAIN reasons I stream is so me or anyone else sees and accident or police event happening in my town can get on their phones or what ever and listen in without a scanner needed. I always have my phone. Don't always have my portable scanner.

DPD1

What are you smoking? Listening to police frequencies was still legal last I checked.
If they don't want people to listen then encrypt, which is the trend anyway. And they probably have MDT's so they can send the call over the MDT.

Why would you actually WANT them to encrypt?

This is obviously a hot topic... But to me... It's not so much about what is logical, or what is legal... It's about the perception. If listening on phones, for whatever reason, bothers them more... It doesn't really matter if that makes sense or not... It just means that it bothers them. And if it bothers them, I personally don't see how that can be a good thing. It would be great if they thought it's a wonderful thing. But from what I've heard so far, that doesn't seem to be the case. Which is kind of worrisome.

Status
Not open for further replies.