jump box

Status
Not open for further replies.

reedeb

Whatever you can afford. I got one that lasted me 5 years however during the move from South Carolina to Texas something happened to it amd it died I'll be looking for a new one later.

Right now i have an auto battery i got when I junked my van and am using a trickle charger on it to run my radio and scanner. [IF I need to i can unhook the charger and run it out to the car and jump start it with that].

Grondoline

I've bought several of these over the years and have concluded that none of them are any good or will last more than a year.

Wirelessly posted (BB9800 / BB8350i: Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/4.4.26736/26.1235; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/10.54)

I know this is a slightly old topic, but just FYI, I bought a jump-pack that had an LED spotlight built in along with an air compressor and it also claimed to be a 1000ca battery. I paid about $40 at a garage sale back in early 2006 (and it was still NIB.) It was pretty heavy. It would even help jump my 6.2 Chevy diesel over! It lasted me almost 5 years before it threw in the towel. If I can find out what the brand was, I will post it here! Best damn jumpbox I had ever toyed with =)

Chuck

bsdam

Premium Subscriber
I have the Vec026bd by Black and Decker (made by Vector).

It's over 3 years old and going strong, I use it fairly frequently.

I modified mine with some Anderson Power Pole connectors for my radio gear.

I picked it up on sale at the B&D Outlet store near my home for ~$75 IIRC.

I keep it on a Battery Tender when not in use (via one of the Power Pole's).

I expect to be replacing the battery in it soon, but as of now it keeps on truckin.

-B

Status
Not open for further replies.