Jumper cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

I need some jumper cables, the jumper cables will be connected to LMR400 on one end and to the radio at the other end. The cables will 1 foot long it will be used in a receive only application. I wend to wify expert to create the custom cable. They have a lot of cable type available in the LMR series. Would LMR240 be adequate ? any suggestion on the proper type of cable for jumper?

Thanks
VA2FCS

prcguy

If they are only a foot long you could go with LMR195/200 series. Personally I would go with a good RG-58 with stranded center conductor, its more flexible and the loss in one foot is nothing to worry about.

Hello all,

I need some jumper cables, the jumper cables will be connected to LMR400 on one end and to the radio at the other end. The cables will 1 foot long it will be used in a receive only application. I wend to wify expert to create the custom cable. They have a lot of cable type available in the LMR series. Would LMR240 be adequate ? any suggestion on the proper type of cable for jumper?

Thanks
VA2FCS

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
If they are only a foot long you could go with LMR195/200 series. Personally I would go with a good RG-58 with stranded center conductor, its more flexible and the loss in one foot is nothing to worry about.

Thanks, i will also eventually need jumper cables in a transmit application at no more than 100 watts, would LMR195/200/RG-58 Still be ok ?

prcguy

Should be no problem at 100w. A lot of RG-58 brands are rated to 1kW up to 30Mhz and lower power at higher frequencies. A cheap Chinese brand may not do well at those power levels but anything from a company like Belden, Commscope, Alpha, Times, Carol, etc, should be fine.

Thanks, i will also eventually need jumper cables in a transmit application at no more than 100 watts, would LMR195/200/RG-58 Still be ok ?

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
Should be no problem at 100w. A lot of RG-58 brands are rated to 1kW up to 30Mhz and lower power at higher frequencies. A cheap Chinese brand may not do well at those power levels but anything from a company like Belden, Commscope, Alpha, Times, Carol, etc, should be fine.

Thanks for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.