Junction City Fire Dept. & Eugene area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopscotch

Junction City Fire Department seems to be now dispatching on their OWN dispatch frequency and also still alternating response of their calls from FireCom Tac 4 to Tac 6. Rural fire calls are still being dispatched with departments on FireCom 3, which FireCom picked up additional dispatching duties call for South Lane County Fire & Rescue out of Cottage Grove and Creswell. I've included the new stuff for Junction City Fire below;

Junction City Fire;

Dispatch and Response - 154.370
Response with FireCom - 154.295

South Lane County Fire & Rescue;

Dispatch - 154.430
Response - 154.205

Now, there is also been some changes with Eugene and Springfield Fire Departments as well, as they start at the beginning of their MERGER between the two departments into one department. The frequency assignments remain the same as far as I know and haven't been any changes.

HEADS UP - LifeFlight has moved their base from the Eugene Airport to the Eugene Fire Department at the Chambers Street Station at 2nd and Chambers. This is where the training and adminstration and 911 center is located. You can actually see the HELO on the pad while driving over the Chambers Connector from River Road to Chambers and vise versa from Chambers to River Road while going over the Chambers Street bridge.

They are operating on the same freqs as EFD, Springfield and the Metro area departments in the county. I have not had the change to talk to any of the crew, but, I think they will be sharing the crew quarters with those at station 2?

Hopscotch

I have not been able to get a tone on that freq, the source, the I have spoken too has not had the chance to look it up, even tho, it is also the same frequency as what Douglas County Fire uses as well. You might want to check the FCC database and see if there is one listed or not? I'm still checking.

Baker845

Last time i looked, you won't find rx PLs for repeaters or simplex freqs on Fcc web site. Only way your going to find Rx tone for repeater or simplex freq is doing tone scan on freq when there radio traiffic on it.

Last edited:

rcluster

Confirmed today that Junction City Fire is using a tone of 156.7 on 154.370.

I have heard other traffic on this same freq that is using a tone of 151.4, very faint, sounds like fire but I was not able to determine the location.

Baker845

Ron,

151.4 PL is Douglas county fire. With repeater upgrade there repeater comes in the valley better then before,in some areas. Each time i was out in Eugene area, trying to do tone scan for rx-pl i aways got 151.4 tone on 154.370 wich was Douglas county.

Status
Not open for further replies.