Juneau Police?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aps_ak

Premium Subscriber
I can't tell you when, but I know APD has been in the process of doing so since early summer. (correction: swtiching to their AWARN system, not necessarily ALMR) First, talkgroup testing, then you could tell that some new radios were being patched through the conventional frequencies. As of right now, new channels are up and running, but not too many users have P25 radios yet - so the old channels are used too. So, if you don't think the switchover has begun down there, I would say still a little while.

juneau

Feed Provider
I'm really doubting JPD is planning on switching to ALMR, I know that JPD dispatch has a P25 radio, probably able to make a interop talk group linking their tac to ALMR. I am not sure if you are scanning ALMR in Juneau, but not a lot of traffic mostly AST, DOT plow trucks, and Federal protective services guarding at the federal building (not real exciting) AST does have some juicy comm's at times but I won't go into details for fear that they will encrypt the last un-encrypted AST talk groups in the state.
their are several other new p25 non trunked user in town that are making the purchase of a digital scanner a good idea.
Matt

aps_ak

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info, Matt, even though I have no way of receiving Juneau talk groups, still good to know what's broadcasting. Interesting to know that AST is in the clear down there- just about the only thing listenable that's AST here is Mat-Com, and even that is encrypted sometimes. If I ever make it down there, I'll bring my 106 along.

Status
Not open for further replies.