jus gotta pro164

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafale01010

I picked her up at smileys for 35 bucks and it seemed like apretty good deal. Now after programming it ive found something very peculiar, with the demo version of arc300 i try to send the freqs to the 163/164 option but the scanner says incorrect model ended up it will send to it if its pro97/pro2055. it goes thru but now it sits on a bank and dont move after a wile. i got the freqs separated by police,fire,sheriff and ems. bank 3 was police and wood sit on there. i'd keep lockin out the channels it sat on but never helped i almost locked out the whole bank. i had bank 0 open so i put the PD freqs in there but it still does the same thing and i cant figger out why, any possible explanations?:confused::confused::confused:

Rickey334

First make sure you check off the 163/164 in the prompt before you send data to the radio, the ARC 300 is good for several radios. Check the frequencies in the scanner after programming sometimes the radio rounds off what you have typed in the ARC 300, and you haver to enter it manually. There was a thread somewhere I remember seeing when I had this problem. Also I disagree that it is easier to program by hand, once you get used to whatever program you are using, it makes it much easier.

rafale01010

Yea i checkd em, for some reason the 1st time i loaded it up they were set on am but fixed that. All the frequencies were the same not rounded off or anything. The frequencies arent on a trunked system, just conventional analog. And id prefer using a computer to program it because many of the agencies i monitor have similar freqs and pl codes to separate them, there is no way to handprogram those in unfortunately

Last edited:

N8IAA

Yea i checkd em, for some reason the 1st time i loaded it up they were set on am but fixed that. All the frequencies were the same not rounded off or anything. The frequencies arent on a trunked system, just conventional analog. And id prefer using a computer to program it because many of the agencies i monitor have similar freqs and pl codes to separate them, there is no way to handprogram those in unfortunately
Programming in pl/dpl is quite simple. All you need to do is push the Mode button until you get to the correct mode. Push Func, Mode and enter your pl/dpl. Same for text. Not a hard radio to program by hand.
Larry

rafale01010

i always wondered if itwas possibl to program a ctcss tone by hand jus never asked the right people, so wood it be program "messin" up the scanner then?

rafale01010

well it dont matter no more, i got the scanner up and running with no glitches jus hand programmed and it works like a charm

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I have the PSR-300 which is the same scanner. I used WIN97 to program it because I was already using it to program my PRO-97s. I notice in WIN97 there are selections for THREE different versions of these scanners. One is for the '97 and two are for the '164/300. The correct selection depends on the firmware version the scanner has.

I suspect that you either need a newer version of ARC300, or there is some place you need to tell it which version of firmware your scanner has.

Status
Not open for further replies.