Just a "general" question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
What is the lag time between when a transmission is broadcast live versus the time when it's heard thru Broadcastify? Is it a standard delay or can it vary from feed to feed?

Thanks in advance.

:)

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
What is the lag time between when a transmission is broadcast live versus the time when it's heard thru Broadcastify? Is it a standard delay or can it vary from feed to feed?

There is no delay on the Broadcastify side, so it has been said, however the servers that the feed goes through slows down the reception time. So, I guess the answer is it can vary from feed to feed and day to day, heavy network traffic will increase the delay.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Asked and answered

Thanks for the link. (y) I guess I didn't phrase my search correctly.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

Thanks in advance.

:)
The main 3 contributing factors are:
Source Client - If using ScannerCast then the latency could be up to a few minutes before the circular buffer resets. ScannerCast has not one but two built in circular buffers. My Free RadioFeed does not contain any circular buffers so the latency is less than 500 milliseconds.
IceCast - Contains a built in network (or latency) buffer to prevent dropouts and buffering on the receiving side.
Media Player - Contains a built in network (or latency) buffer to prevent dropouts and buffering.

If you have an abnormal latency Try restarting the media player. If you have control over the source client then restart that.

rcool101

Feed Provider
Mine is currently 1:05. I've seen :05 to over 2:00 min. If it goes too long I do a reboot. Sometimes it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.