Just a suggestion about logins

Status
Not open for further replies.

GB46

I often read posts without bothering to log in, so if I want to post a reply I follow the login link beneath the post. Logging in unfortunately takes me to the main page, from which I have to navigate through the many forums and threads back to where I was. Some forums (other than Radio Reference) will automatically redirect the user back to the original post once logged in. I'd like to see that in the Radio Reference forums.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Thanks for the feedback. I'm kind of at the mercy of the forums software for this to be remedied or "fixed" - so hopefully in the future when we release updates this will be something that is resolved.

Otherwise there's not much we can do.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I often read posts without bothering to log in, so if I want to post a reply I follow the login link beneath the post. Logging in unfortunately takes me to the main page, from which I have to navigate through the many forums and threads back to where I was. Some forums (other than Radio Reference) will automatically redirect the user back to the original post once logged in. I'd like to see that in the Radio Reference forums.

As a very easy workaround..... when you are not logged in, and looking at a post you wish to reply to after logging in, look for the post number in the very top right corner of that post.

Just right click on that post number and choose "Copy Shortcut". Then after logging in, just right click and "paste" that url in your browser's address bar.

GB46

Thanks. Actually I've been using another workaround: I open the login link in another tab (Ctrl Click), so that I don't lose my place. What I suggested isn't urgent, of course, but I thought it might make things a little more convenient.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
you can proceed to log in, then click/select the browsers back button to the previous page and refresh that page.. IDK..

DJ11DLN

I just make sure the "remember me" or whatever it says box is clicked; unless I'm away for several weeks, it automatically logs me in whenever I open the site. Unless you didn't want your presence noted here when you're reading the forums, that should work for you.

GB46

I just make sure the "remember me" or whatever it says box is clicked; unless I'm away for several weeks, it automatically logs me in whenever I open the site. Unless you didn't want your presence noted here when you're reading the forums, that should work for you.
I think that would require a change in my cookies policy. I always set them to expire when I exit the browser, and I'll often clear them during a session, as well. I don't usually log in here unless I have something to contribute or see a post that's relevant to my radio monitoring activities. In fact, most of my time is spent offline these days, with the computer's WiFi adapter switched off.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
you can proceed to log in, then click/select the browsers back button to the previous page and refresh that page.. IDK..
This is how ive been doing it since forever , hit the back and refresh, works everytime

Status
Not open for further replies.