Just an April Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
I-25 currently closed both directions from Lincoln to Colo Springs.

Jim<

kmbrly

I was supposed to go to Centennial today, but got as far as Monument (at about 1:30 this afternoon) and decided to turn back. Actually, I made it over the pass and then turned around at the Greenland exit (where several semis where stopped, chaining up). While exiting 105 onto 25, there were cars lined up the ramp to exit 25 onto 105. Some of them could not move - wheels spinning. It was icy. 25 was single file - a truck had stopped under the overpass in the right lane to put chains on.

It was downright treacherous driving through the Black Forrest. You know it's bad when you see the snow plow in front of you sliding sideways.

Earlier on the trip, I had come across a Deputy Sheriff who had slid off the road and into a snow bank. When I stopped to ask if he needed any help, he seemed a tiny bit embarrassed. He had no reason to be. That road was nasty!

It's back to driving rain, here where I am. It's supposed to turn to snow later tonight. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

I did set to see one of the biggest mulie does I had ever seen. She was huge!

Tazcop

My day was 2 rollovers on Highway 86 non injury, drivers shook up.Ramah tower took another hit like yesterday and was down until the afternoon. Had to go back to VHF. CSP had 3 rollovers on I-70. It was a fun day. Roads were a mess, heavy rain first then to wet snow.(four wheeling in the mud!!! ) But hey, its springtime in the rockies. Gotta love it!!!

Jim

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Now that's a rock!

JEFFERSON COUNTY - Just before 6:30 p.m. Friday a large boulder fell and is now blocking the southbound lanes of US 285 near mile marker 247.

That is one mile south of the Morrison.

According to the Colorado Department of Transportation, (CDOT) US 285 is closed southbound at C-470, and drivers should avoid the area.

CDOT is waiting for a special piece equipment to break apart the rock and clear the road, but there is no word on how long that will take.

Jim<

Last edited:

kmbrly

My day was 2 rollovers on Highway 86 non injury, drivers shook up.Ramah tower took another hit like yesterday and was down until the afternoon. Had to go back to VHF. CSP had 3 rollovers on I-70. It was a fun day. Roads were a mess, heavy rain first then to wet snow.(four wheeling in the mud!!! ) But hey, its springtime in the rockies. Gotta love it!!!

Jim

Wow, two rollovers on 86?!

I am very glad that I didn't go that way, today! I'm glad no one was hurt.

kmbrly

JEFFERSON COUNTY - Just before 6:30 p.m. Friday a large boulder fell and is now blocking the southbound lanes of US 285 near mile marker 247.

That is one mile south of the Morrison.

According to the Colorado Department of Transportation, (CDOT) US 285 is closed southbound at C-470, and drivers should avoid the area.

CDOT is waiting for a special piece equipment to break apart the rock and clear the road, but there is no word on how long that will take.

Jim<

That is a huge boulder! I wonder what kind of equipment they'll bring in to break it apart? I could imagine how the ground must have shook when that thing hit the road. I wonder if you can listen in while they're working on it.

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the group, kmbrly! Looking forward to your reports from the Plains during t-storm season!

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
US-40 Berthoud Pass closed due to avalanche control work.

and US-6 Loveland Pass also remains closed

Jim<

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
icon11.gif
OMG, I just realized that my statement can be taken waaaay out of context.
icon11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.