Just an FYI Houston FD distorted audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanfan22

The audio feed here on Radio Reference for Houston FD has had distorted audio for months and people here have told me to contact the feeder and he is not responding. Can somebody assist on their end.
Thank you.

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
That's due to the system simulcast hardware being on its last legs, and not anything the feed provider can do anything about. Even actual system user radios sound bad. Location can be a factor too.. for example Tac 3 is prone to complete failure on the north side, but no one in the field will notice for a day or two because Tac 3 isn't used on the north side.

N5AMS

the reason I haven't responded is 1 i didn't get a feed problem ticket and 2 i don't remember seeing an email about the problem so i had no clue but i do know that the audio is extremely high i can't really kick it back because the audio will completely go away and motorola is right what it is is the simalcast syncs are going bad from what i understood so it will be distorted at times and the feed is to the north so tac 3 will be the way it is even on my scanners and ham radios in my car i have the same problem

scanfan22

For Aaron

I have sent you messages three times. I think that if you turn it down even one tiny notch it will improve significantly. If you do it for a day or so, especially if you do it this week, I can let you know what I think. I'm really good at these kind of things. Especially if you if you change things soon, I can let you know later today.
If you decide to do it today please PM me, I will take a quick lesson and respond to your private message. I will mainly only be available to respond till 9 pm eastern, otherwise I'll have to respond to you on Monday.
Glad to be of assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.