just bought a bc246t, what should i expect out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cujofan2468

yes. i just bought a new bc246t scanner, had a rs pro-97. what should out of this scanner.

n4voxgill

Silent Key
this is a question you ask before you decide which scanner to buy. I don't know where you are, but if there is any digital systems around you, then you will not be able to pick them up. Best bet is to go up to the top of the page, go to data, then to where you live and see what is out there. Have your instructions to check and see if it covers what you see in the data base.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Close call feature works great. No problem tracking analog EDACS (wide and narrow), Motorola, and Regular LTR systems. I love the size, weight, and battery life. Plenty of memory for what this radio can do. Full computer control is a plus. Great scanner in a small package.

You may want to invest in the Uniden UASD program or the Butel ARC246. Both will help program and control the radio from the PC. The ARC246.

Check out the excellent donate-ware software from Scannerbase, Advanced Scanner Control and recording software: http://www.scannerbase.com/scannerbase-avc246-uniden-bc246t-scanner-software/

Check out the Wiki: http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/BC246T

mike_webb59

Great little analog scanner. Learn about Programming Systems and Groups within Sytems. CTCSS/DCS Tones are programmable and searchable so you can separate heavily used conventional frequencies. Good interactive Search feature. Supports FCC Rebanding if you monitor 800MHz Motorola Trunks. It's a good techie fix until you break down and get a digital scanner.

kiana

oh god I just bought the exact one

and to be honest w/ ya I still can use the damn thing, I had read the whole manual book and nothing I dont get it, then try to call the number and nothing you know what that guy told me? he said oh man you know what that is one of our new ones a you gonna have to figure out on your own, there is a lot to read and learn, is gonna be difficult but you know there is nothing I can do for ya, Can you believe that idiot? after I waited for ever to get through and just so he can tell to do it on my own?

And if anyone pleasa knows how to program one of this scanner please help me!!!!!!

mike_webb59

Look in the database for the area you are interested in, and send me a PM here in RR and I will scratch something out. It's a lengthy process and may not be ideal for the forum.

twolf816

excellent audio quality, i primarily use this scanner to monitor two moto2 trunked systems...246t and the rs 800mhz antenna is a great pair, not difficult to program manually just time consuming...i recommend arc246 although ive never tried uniden's version

Status
Not open for further replies.