BR330T: Just bought a BR330T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike445

I've always loved this scanner and I found one on Ebay for a reasonable price. It's on the way to my house now. It'll join my 436, SDS100 (going to get a GPS and the cold solders fixed), 536, 885, BCT15 and BCD996P2. I will be using it pretty much exclusively for military air and airshows. I might also use it for some domestic shortwave as well (along with my Tecsun PL660). I've already written a list in FreeScan to be uploaded upon arrival. I have a quick key dedicated to Shortwave broadcast. Every time I put in s frequency I get the warning that "The frequency is out of band. You have been warned". Does anyone know if they will write to the BR330T with FreeScan since they are NOT out of band for that radio?

I'm also looking for people who have or still are using this radio to get their impressions of it especially on military air and even the built in NASCAR capability.
Thanks y'all! It's supposed to be here Tuesday.
Mike

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber
I've had mine for almost 10 years and love it. It is my primary scanner. I'm lucky there is still a lot of analog to listen to where I live. I use it on SW quite a bit as well.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
I had a BR330T for a few years and it was my primary mil air scanner. Great ears on military VHF 138-142 MHz and its entire military UHF band.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Had mine long time. Love it for mil air. But she needs to be operated on. She has a cold solder joint on the charger jack. Works fine on batts but when at home, I like to run off the wall wart.

Status
Not open for further replies.