Just bought scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

candice_31185

Hello there!
I'm very new to this and don't even know where to start! I can't get anything but static. I bought a hand held scanner from radio shack......pro-82? that's what is on the box. can u tell me the easiest way to work with this thing for now?
greatly appreciated

Highpockets

candice_31185 said:
Hello there!
I'm very new to this and don't even know where to start! I can't get anything but static. I bought a hand held scanner from radio shack......pro-82? that's what is on the box. can u tell me the easiest way to work with this thing for now?
greatly appreciated

It will help the users here to assist you if they knew where you are located, state, county, city and what are you interested in listening to, police, fire, first aid.

candice_31185

i'm not sure if this is going to the right place. But i need information for police in ashtabula ohio on my scanner

Nasby

That scanner is very easy to program. Just follow the manual. As for Ashtabula frequencies, just click on the "database" section at the top of the radio reference page, then click on the map of Ohio, then select Ashtabula County. I once lived in Geneva and Rock Creek, Ohio. Where are you located in Ashtabula County?
Troy

N8IAA

candice_31185 said:
i'm not sure if this is going to the right place. But i need information for police in ashtabula ohio on my scanner
Easy scanner to program. 1. Turn the squelch knob until you don't hear the static noise.
2. To pick bank 1, push all the other bank #'s 2,3,4, etc. until the 1 is blinking on its own.
3. Press MAN/SCAN button. 4. Select the first channel in bank 1 (ch 1). press PGM. 4 Enter the frequency then push the button that says ENT. You've just programmed your first frequency.Just a suggestion--put PD in one bank, FD in another. Then program what else you want in the rest of the banks.
Let me know if you need more assistance.
Larry

Croaker90

Check your squeltch (spelling?) Its usally a dial near the power button that says "SQ", it lets you set settings (kinda like the distance you want your scanner to pick up.)

My squeltch is set just a tab after it stops making the static sound, and it works good.

Let me know if that helps you out.

Croak.

Status
Not open for further replies.