Just can't get Nashua on my Pro-96, advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

scan32470

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

I've followed a lot of the discussions here about the new Nashua lineup, and because my Pro-96 used to work just fine for Nashua (FD, PD, etc) I tried downloading the frequency data direct from Radioreference as always, using the Win96 program. I've tried starting the data in both position 00 and position 01 (using 01 always used to work), but no matter what I do the scanner doesn't grab any nashua broadcasts. Can you tell me if something basic has changed that a Pro-96 won't get Nashua anymore with their new system? I may certainly have missed something on a thread that points to what to do, so apologize if I'm rehashing the well-known and obvious. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Just can't get---- Pro-96

So it sounds like you're trying to get an EDACS system? I don't live out there but you mentioned everything except for making sure the "EDACS" is set in the (mode) for each channel used in that BANK.. AND in the Trunked area. ED for Edacs, MOT for Motorola. Here's the Pro96 manual. Page 34 addresses this specifically. If you don't make sure the proper system is showing for the "mode" button, it won't trunk. If you've done all than? then good luck. Maybe someone out in that area can help with EDACS set-up.

http://support.radioshack.com/support_electronics/doc71/71778.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

ecps92

Do you have Nashua programmed with the correct Control Channels ?
Also, Programed as P25 ??

Last Year, Nashua migrated to their New P25 TRS
Hi,

I've followed a lot of the discussions here about the new Nashua lineup, and because my Pro-96 used to work just fine for Nashua (FD, PD, etc) I tried downloading the frequency data direct from Radioreference as always, using the Win96 program. I've tried starting the data in both position 00 and position 01 (using 01 always used to work), but no matter what I do the scanner doesn't grab any nashua broadcasts. Can you tell me if something basic has changed that a Pro-96 won't get Nashua anymore with their new system? I may certainly have missed something on a thread that points to what to do, so apologize if I'm rehashing the well-known and obvious. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

ecps92

Nashua never was EDACS (Only Manchester, who is now moving to P25)

Nashua moved from the old TRS with P25 Voice to a Full P25 TRS
So it sounds like you're trying to get an EDACS system? I don't live out there but you mentioned everything except for making sure the "EDACS" is set in the (mode) for each channel used in that BANK.. AND in the Trunked area. ED for Edacs, MOT for Motorola. Here's the Pro96 manual. Page 34 addresses this specifically. If you don't make sure the proper system is showing for the "mode" button, it won't trunk. If you've done all than? then good luck. Maybe someone out in that area can help with EDACS set-up.

http://support.radioshack.com/support_electronics/doc71/71778.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.