Just checking in Siren App?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawman210

Been a few months since I have been on here. Just wondering what's up with the Siren app? Has it been abandoned?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

gonzalu

I dropped my argument that the Siren app was supposed to be ready on launch, and has had a continuous delay since that release. Promises have been made and those have not been met. I was accused of being inpatient and fanning flames etc. So I stayed away from it, patiently.

I come back to find out any progress and we are another 30 days away. You can call this post and others "complaints" but if we do NOT complain, the vendor will never get the idea that it is bad business. We can all make a difference and get what we want. Vendors and Manufacturers have a symbiotic relationship with consumers and we are both responsible for out respective parts of that relationship.

We spend our money, they make a product, they make a profit, we enjoy our product. At this point, I have spent my money, they have made their profit, I do not have my advertised product/feature.

mrkelso

At this point i have written it all off as a loss. But i will remember this when the next model roles out. I won't be so quick to pull the trigger. AMEN.

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I am scared to say anything. I got rid of my live feed because of the censorship going on thru RR lately. Tread lightly.

bberns22

We spend our money, they make a product, they make a profit, we enjoy our product. At this point, I have spent my money, they have made their profit, I do not have my advertised product/feature.

Apparently so profitable they can't keep the 436's in stock, regardless of the app's status...

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Yeah I am scared to say anything. I got rid of my live feed because of the censorship going on thru RR lately. Tread lightly.

I had a really good feed that was in a niche area and people loved it. When it went down for a day or two people complained big time. Hurry up and get it back up and running.

Well I came to the conclusion that I do not want to add fuel to the fire and made a good decision to take down my feed forever. I don't want to be a part of live feeds. It was only up for two months anyways and I am glad that it's completely down and I dont have to think about it nor manage it.

bberns22

App would be interesting but not really a game changer. Much more interesting to take a radio with you and discover new things on your travels.

pepsima1

Banned
I think its time for the beta testers to make some youtube videos of the siren app to show us how its working.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Not the Siren App

The Siren App is for the 536 only and is for it's WiFi. Nothing to do with the 436 and nothing to do with discovering anything.

Maybe you're thinking about the Analyze function that hasn't been released yet either.

App would be interesting but not really a game changer. Much more interesting to take a radio with you and discover new things on your travels.

LiquidPandora

I dropped my argument that the Siren app was supposed to be ready on launch, and has had a continuous delay since that release. Promises have been made and those have not been met. I was accused of being inpatient and fanning flames etc. So I stayed away from it, patiently.

I come back to find out any progress and we are another 30 days away. You can call this post and others "complaints" but if we do NOT complain, the vendor will never get the idea that it is bad business. We can all make a difference and get what we want. Vendors and Manufacturers have a symbiotic relationship with consumers and we are both responsible for out respective parts of that relationship.

That was some real perdy words.... tell us some more please
:lol:

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
At this point i have written it all off as a loss. But i will remember this when the next model roles out. I won't be so quick to pull the trigger. AMEN.

I got rid of a 436HP and 2 536HP's with no regrets. I'm doing just fine with my HP-1 that happens to have Analyzer Mode , RF Power Plot , and Band Scope and the best display ever on a scanner . What, what what was that ? TDMA 2 ... ? Had that on my PSR-800 for quite some time.

pepsima1

Banned
Well the majority of any Phase II TDMA in Florida is Encrypted anyways. Wait until that nice siren app comes out and you will be begging for your radios back. haha

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
I think its time for the beta testers to make some youtube videos of the siren app to show us how its working.

The only person even remotely authorized to do such a thing would be Paul. The beta testers are all under NDA's and can't divulge anything unless they'd like to be sued by Uniden's army of lawyers. Can't say I blame anyone for not wanting to bring that down upon themselves. I know I wouldn't.

-AZ

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
The only person even remotely authorized to do such a thing would be Paul. The beta testers are all under NDA's and can't divulge anything unless they'd like to be sued by Uniden's army of lawyers. Can't say I blame anyone for not wanting to bring that down upon themselves. I know I wouldn't.

-AZ

So this is why the 536HP is so screwed up. Uniden's army of lawyers took all the R&D funds.

Lawyer : Have you seen or heard of anyone talking about the Siren App ? If so call 1-800-536-ARMY. You may be entitled to a reward .

Status
Not open for further replies.