Just curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdoghd

I'm probably going to get laughed at for this one.....but looking at some of the cars and radio shacks. What the heck do you do with so many hand helds and base models. I saw a few pictures that a guy has at least 10 hand held units. Then you have the vehicles, with three or four mic's. When I was Leo we had maybe two or three mic's in the squad. Sorry for being such a rookie, but this all has me curious.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hmmm...do you have a cup holder?:lol:
This is overkill on sooo many levels!
N9ZAS

W2SJW

Database Admin
I have direct shots of that car - more than are on Hamsexy.com (I lost track trying to count all the Uniden scanners alone he has in that thing!).

Attachments

• P1030120.jpg
    P1030120.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 1,229
  • P1030133.jpg
    P1030133.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 1,205
  • P1030134.jpg
    P1030134.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 1,316
  • P1030135.jpg
    P1030135.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 1,225
  • W0JSF_014.jpg
    W0JSF_014.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 1,438

W2SJW

Database Admin
Hey Scott, you found MORE photos of "unbelievable"? Good for you, Hamsexy is good for a laugh!

Yep, a zip file full of the pictures of that car was sent out by one of the members in my club. I quickly checked that there were some in there that were not on hamsexy! I did leave out the shots that were pictures of people - better not to crucify the guilty! :lol:

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Note that there is no need for space on the passenger side for a wife or girlfriend. Taking advantage of that pesky open space was a nice touch. I especially like the radios mounted on the doors. No side curtain airbags in HIS car. No sir. In a t-bone crash, REAL men wear an Icom logo embossed on the side of their head.

arvellabill

When I was an officer in Washington D.C. we had one mic, one radio, one channel and it was simplex. When we walked the beat we had a call box to call for help if we were int the right block, sometimes we had to hail a taxi and get him to une his radio. Ah the good old days

poppafred

Not trying to be cruel here, but that dude needs some serious professional help and I don't mean from a radio technician.

I have seen a lot of OCD (obsessive/compulsive disorder) patients in my career, but this one takes the cake.

Maybe that's the demo vehicle for a salesman. :)

commscanaus

It cannot possibly be driven, both the drivers and passengers footwells are filled with radios.

I have yet to see a picture with all of the gear powered on.
I have yet to see a picture with anyone actually sitting in the vehicle.
I have yet to read any explanation from the owner(s) as to why so many radios are required/fitted.

It just appears to be a *very* wealthy eccentrics idea of a good time- but for the life of me, why such a crappy excuse for a vehicle?

Bewildered- Commscanaus.

Status
Not open for further replies.