Just for Fun HamDMR FMP24

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simpilo

Suppose we try to monitor a HamDMR repeater with just using FMP24 and DSD+ using the TCP internal port. I have not seen this mentioned yet. Doing this without virtual cables. What would we do to make it work?

S

simpilo

I think we just make a new batch file with "fmp24 -o200002" then save it and another file with "dsdplus -i200002". I tried that and it worked although it muted the sound from the speakers and decoded Ham DMR. I just direct enter the frequency. Fun to play with FMP24.

The problem is outside of my system....the local repeater is hooked up to Brandmeister TG91 with looping echo yuckie noise ALL night long!!

slicerwizard

Suppose we try to monitor a HamDMR repeater with just using FMP24 and DSD+ using the TCP internal port. I have not seen this mentioned yet. Doing this without virtual cables. What would we do to make it work?
Just manually tune FMP24 to the DMR repeater output.

You should add all of the ham DMR data to your DSDPlus.radios file. That way, you see everyone's name and where they are.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Simplio,

You can download the ham DMR data from https://goo.gl/BGYdv4 . You could add the data within this file to your DSDPlus.radios file. Then when you are monitoring the ham DMR systems you can easily tell who the operators are.

Last edited:
S

simpilo

Simplio,

You can download the ham DMR data from https://goo.gl/BGYdv4 . You could add the data within this file to your DSDPlus.radios file. Then when you are monitoring the ham DMR systems you can easily tell who the operators are.
Just manually tune FMP24 to the DMR repeater output.

You should add all of the ham DMR data to your DSDPlus.radios file. That way, you see everyone's name and where they are.

That worked. I won't show a screenshot of all that. I definitely see names, callsigns, and locations.

S

simpilo

This is fun. I put my State csv file in the DSD+ folder then editted the FMP24.cfg file so it knows which one it is. I run FMP24 it displays now the Organization Frequency address and GPS coordinates with bearing when hovering the mouse over the FFT display. Clicking on any of it shows the same information on DSD+

FUN!!!! (I am a pleb!) :p

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Do you do this without using SDR Sharp? I have been able to use FMP24 by itself, but only to monitor FM like NOAA weather, but what do you have to do to monitor DMR? Have you set up a batch file? What does your FMP24.cfg file look like?

S

simpilo

Do you do this without using SDR Sharp? I have been able to use FMP24 by itself, but only to monitor FM like NOAA weather, but what do you have to do to monitor DMR? Have you set up a batch file? What does your FMP24.cfg file look like?

You need 2 batch files. 1 for FMP24 and 1 for DSD+ We use it's TCP. We dont use virtual cables for this. Much better decodes. No SDR# or any other SDR software needed.

My batch files accordingly:

FMP24.bat consists of:
FMP24 -o40002 -v4 -b12.5 -g29.7

My Voice.bat consists of:
DSDPlus -i40002 -O NUL

Note the port 40002 is what I used but that was for tracing a TCP 10035 WSAEWOULDBLOCK (nonblocking) issue. Default is 20002.

I direct enter the DMR repeater transmit frequency.

You need 1 RTL-SDR's for this.

Last edited:
S

simpilo

I hope this helps.
Image shows real names redacted.

Attachments

• DMRexampleFMP24.jpg
    DMRexampleFMP24.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Thank you simpilo for your help. I got it working just by changing the port from 40002 to 20002. Plus I got an error message about "lame_enc.dll" missing, so I downloaded that and put all this into a folder, and it's working.

S

simpilo

Thank you simpilo for your help. I got it working just by changing the port from 40002 to 20002. Plus I got an error message about "lame_enc.dll" missing, so I downloaded that and put all this into a folder, and it's working.

Glad I could help. lame_enc.dll is what it needs for producing mp3 sounds in which is the audio format it uses.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Simplio,

Can anyone assist on adding this to my radio records file? When I copy and paste the list in, DSD creates a fresh list as soon as the first DMR transmission is received and wipes out the list I copied in.

S

simpilo

Can anyone assist on adding this to my radio records file? When I copy and paste the list in, DSD creates a fresh list as soon as the first DMR transmission is received and wipes out the list I copied in.

I seen that happen on my setup too once in a while. Just extract it and rename the txt file to DSDPlus.radios then copy and replace the existing DSDPlus.radios while it is running. It'll behave after that. That entire txt is in the DSDPlus format.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
How do I get this file to show as DSDPlus.radios file in the DSD folder? When I extract it and replace the existing file, the new file shows up as a txt file then DSD creates a new radios file upon the first transmission received and ignores the file I put in there.

yancmo

I wanted to slip a thank you in to those of you that have provided such valuable resources and information in the thread. I just got a DMR radio a couple weeks ago and have so much to learn. I've been "listening in" with my RTL and DSD for a very long time and honestly didn't realize what the TG's and such meant but now I know a little more. Now with the file mtindor shared and the fmp24 info simplio shared I'm listening to the DMR via SDR while seeing who's talking. This way I can just listen and if I want to talk then I'll fire up the radio. Thanks yall!

Status
Not open for further replies.