Just got a BCD436HP, any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

G3NIU5

so im new to scanner game, have always been interested and have been reading up on it but never owned one till now(waiting to be delivered) so i ddint know if there were any tips i need to know for NC, specifically Alamance County(Burlingon mainly). My main focus is this area but i wouldnt mind going longer range with it..my main question is..is the uniden software the best way to program this unit? If not, how difficult is manually programing it?
any other info would be great!
thanks

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
so im new to scanner game, have always been interested and have been reading up on it but never owned one till now(waiting to be delivered) so i ddint know if there were any tips i need to know for NC, specifically Alamance County(Burlingon mainly). My main focus is this area but i wouldnt mind going longer range with it..my main question is..is the uniden software the best way to program this unit? If not, how difficult is manually programing it?
any other info would be great!
thanks

While you're waiting for delivery, you can check out the "easier to read" manuals...

This one is for the scanner:

http://new.marksscanners.com/536/436_536.shtml

and this one is for the free Sentinel software from Uniden:

http://new.marksscanners.com/536/X36%20HP%20Sentinel.shtml

sparkydude

I think there's a lot to sift thru in the manuals. I found simply googling 'program BCD436' and browsing youtube videos was easier to get the help and direction I was looking for. After I got the programming and updating down, I went to the manuals to learn different features.

mc48

Premium Subscriber
Download and install the x36HP software from here , BCD436HP < UnidenMan4 < TWiki
Once installed select the 436 model under tools>target model>BCDx36HP, then go to update>update master database.
When the radio arrives update the firmware from here also.
While you are waiting get familiar with the software and start compiling a favorites list(s), that way you can download to the scanner once you have it in your hands. The manuals listed previously will also provide a good place to get started getting familiar with the operation of the 436.

Status
Not open for further replies.