Just heard someone on 359.1000 AM !

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjrjr507

Hi Milair listeners

Heard the tail end of someone talking on 359.1000 AM at 1600 hrs. All I heard was the frequency 285.4000 that they said. That frequency is the glacier airport milair frequency. 359.1000 is an refueling air to air frequency. Will have to punch that in to see what comes up on it. Was doing a scan between 225 & 399.975 to see if anything new comes on. Keep on monitoring ! BTW, I live in northwest montana, Libby area.

Regards,
cjrjr507

Last edited:

cristisphoto

Glacier Park International Airport
4170 Highway 2 East
Kalispell, Montana 59901

Actually your not that far and aircraft, Especially Millitary aircraft can travel to places in seconds that would take most civilians crafts hours:wink:

AND Libby is ONLY 88.3 miles according to Google Maps.
So please enlighten me as to what is so amazing about this "catch"
Muchest Regards.
Crista

commstar

Premium Subscriber
4170 Highway 2 East
Kalispell, Montana 59901

Actually your not that far and aircraft, Especially Millitary aircraft can travel to places in seconds that would take most civilians crafts hours:wink:

Muchest Regards.
Crista

That is a perfect way to make people feel welcome and want to post here. If you lived in gods country along the border, you would understand any activity such as this would be considered a true catch. Have you ever BEEN to Libby or GPI? Not exactly milair central.

NICE catch CRJR. I have noted an 'uptick' of milair band actvity in the past two weeks.

Omaha-14-Juliet among them a couple days in a row, moving west in the past week or so -due to FAFB Air Show this weekend past? Perhaps related. I have not heard much moving east.

Anyone actually see/identify O14J actually at FAFB this weekend?

I logged O14J on Havre Border Patrol channels in aug/06 on my way thru, based on that surmise it is CBP asset. My notes say helicopter?. Search reveals no info.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Glacier Park International Airport
4170 Highway 2 East
Kalispell, Montana 59901

Muchest Regards.
Crista

WOW! What a constructive reply. How many different screen names do you use here Crista and why?

I'm impressed by any MilAir catches personally - they take time and patience usually.

Omaha-14-Juliet among them a couple days in a row, moving west in the past week or so -due to FAFB Air Show this weekend past? Perhaps related. I have not heard much moving east.

Anyone actually see/identify O14J actually at FAFB this weekend?

I logged O14J on Havre Border Patrol channels in aug/06 on my way thru, based on that surmise it is CBP asset. My notes say helicopter?. Search reveals no info.

OMAHA is the official call sign for the CBP air fleet. The suffix numbers used are normally the last 2 or 3 of the FAA N number. OMAHA 14J is most likely N5314J a Cessna Citation II.

commstar

Premium Subscriber
Copy that Redlands, Thanks for the N number. Id there a site where one can search fragments of N numbers? such as the all N numbers with 14J in them.....the FAA site does not do that as best I can telll....

Copy that Redlands, Thanks for the N number. Id there a site where one can search fragments of N numbers? such as the all N numbers with 14J in them.....the FAA site does not do that as best I can telll....

http://www.landings.com/evird.acgi$pass*67972291!_h-www.landings.com/_landings/pages/search/search_nnr.html

Check below the search window for alternate searchs.

Status
Not open for further replies.