Just hooked a HF reciver up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb872033

Hi all here!! first time posting in this part of the forum! I recently (earlier today) just hooked my grundig s350 up to an outdoor antenna and am reciving an amazng amount of stations on the SW stations. my question though as i am new to HF monitioring (but not scanning) is there a station list out there? listed but frequency...for example i am listeining on 11748KHz right now...where might i find out what i am listening to? i dont even recognize the language to get a callsign but i am facinated at what i can pick up...would like to dive a little deeper into this so any guidance would be much appreciated!! again i am looking got like a frequency list with where they are transmitting out of at what time so to tell what i may be listening to! thanks again all!!

JB

Shortwavewave

Welcome to the world of HF!

Your Question, its Easy just google shortwave and theres tons of info!
RR Wiki also has some links http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Category:HF_Topics

A book is a great investment if you get any more serious WRTV Handbook, and Passport are the top ones.

NASWA has a great database for Broadcast shortwave

you can also try WUNclub IRC chat for more info, the room is

#wunclub

Enjoy!

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
Passport to worldband is the best book. Its around $20 but it is THE reference. Accurate, informative, and easy to use for a novice or pro. It lists scheduals in multiple formats depending on how you like to scan/listen.

jb872033

Thanks folks for the info!! listenin almost nonstop and lovin it...used to listen quite a bit but kinda got out of touch with it while livin in an apartment but now got a whole back yard for ANTENNAS!! Thanks again for provin yet again that RR is THE place to go for information regarding any type of scanning!!

JB

jb872033

applogies i am so green in this type of LISTENING (lol) that i didnt know the correct verbage...no offense meant love it though!

JB

Status
Not open for further replies.