Just moved to Jackson, MS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamiebfl

I just moved to Jackson, MS near the capatal building. I have BC245 XLT Trunk Tracker II and a Radio Shack Pro-107 iScan. Can I monitor Jackson PD and other agencies with these radios or will I need a new radio? Any advise would be helpful.

Thanks

SCPD

QRT
Jackson area

I just moved to Jackson, MS near the capatal building. I have BC245 XLT Trunk Tracker II and a Radio Shack Pro-107 iScan. Can I monitor Jackson PD and other agencies with these radios or will I need a new radio? Any advise would be helpful.

Thanks
You will definitely need a new radio. Most all of the law enforcement agencies in the Jackson metro area are using digital systems. For the time being you can monitor the Miss. Highway Patrol, but they too will be phasing to digital probably within a year. The Pro-106 or Pro-137 "Radio Shack" receivers will monitor the digital systems in the Jackson area quite nicely. Highly recommend either one of those units. If you can find a used Pro-96 or Pro-2096, they will also adequately scan the Jackson area, but they will not be adequate for the 700 mhz system that the state is phasing in. Good luck....

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
You can also get a good bit of EMS traffic, on your exsiting scanners, by programming in 155.400 and 155.340. Both of those freqs. are still quite active and analog. Also MHP at 42.120 and 42.180. MHP also has a repeater channel for their mobiles at 45.320. Unless you have a pretty good extendable antenna, expect the MHP channels to be weak or non-existent, as they broadcast in the VHF lo-band.

bama9999

Just a quick correction to one thing that Hugh posted. He suggested either the Pro 106 or the Pro 137. I'm sure he meant the Pro 106 and the Pro 197, as the Pro 137 is not digital capable.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
You may not get both sides of the AMR on 155.4000..

But once your able to recive the TRS fully, youll hear both sides on AMR's tg.

One other addition to your very short list of Jackson area analog channels: MHP operates a UHF repeater at 453.000 mHz that retransmits capital area traffic.

jamiebfl

Thanks for the info guys. I am going to buy a Pro 106 when I get a chance so I can monitor the public safety frequencies. I noticed that there are several places in the downtown area using radios. I am looking for the frequencies for the following places:
Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown (the old King Edward Hotel)
Vinson Guard Service (patrols on capatol street)
Downtown Jackson Partners (patrols as part of the business improvement distrcit)
Amatrack Train Station

and any buildings in the downtown area that you might know of.

Thanks again,
Jamie

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Wackenhut, the Zoo, And several others.... :) Last I knew, Wackenhut was still UHF on.. 461.075????

Status
Not open for further replies.