BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Just need some help with Sentinel, getting what i`ve entered into my scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Okay, i`ll admit i`m almost a complete noob with this scanner (BCD436HP), and the sentinel software that came with it, but i`m learning fast :). Anyway, figured out how to set up my favorites lists in sentinel, really easy i`ve found out, and now i`m ready to program all this into my `436HP. Question i have is, do i just plug my unit into my PC and click "write to scanner"? I assume that`s correct. A second question that`s related to this, can i set my scanner to just scan my favorites lists and NOT monitor the DB, or do i have to have monitoring of the DB enabled for the unit to work properly, and if i can scan just the favorites lists, how do i set that up? Thanx for any help! 73. N9NRA

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
When you connect the radio to the computer, it will prompt you to choose either Mass Storage mode or Serial mode. Choose Mass Storage by pressing E on the radio keypad. After a couple of moments, it will appear in Windows Explorer as a removable drive. From that point, go to Sentinel and choose "Write to Scanner".

Yes, you can choose to monitor only your favorites lists and not the full DB. You can do this from within Sentinel by going Edit>Profile, then looking at the Scan Selection on the page that comes up. Uncheck "Monitor Full Database" (and make sure that at least one FL in the list below has Monitor and Download both set to ON). Exit this screen (just "X" out of it) and don't forget to write to scanner after it.

If you want to make the change from the radio itself, hit Menu, then Set Scan Selection, then Select Lists to Monitor. Scroll to "Full Database" and select it until the word "Off" appears beside it. Then hit Menu as many times as necessary to leave the menus and resume scanning.

Status
Not open for further replies.