• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Just out of curiosity..

Status
Not open for further replies.

OKMEDIC

Just wondering if I had a LPE-200. How would I go about programming it for my cities system? And Yes I'm so new to this it's stupid. So please don' t flame me. Thanks.

scanjunkie

You would need to have the system key (or whatever MA/COM uses) in order to set it up. I doubt anyone will give it to you either. If you figure out a way let us know...Good luck!!

n3ncn

Premium Subscriber
You need to get the key from the system administrator. Unless you are authorised to transmit on thier system, you won't get it. If you are working in thier system and are authorised usage you should have no problem getting hooked up. If your not, could be serious trouble.
No I am not a great speller.

Mozilla

Lpe

Well, if you want to put it on the system to talk, you need to go find the system administrator. IF you are talking about monitioring only, first off you need to know what type of system your area is using. Since you are considering an LPE , we shall assume EDACS, however is it Analog or digital, if they do run Provoice, is it encrypted?? There is no a systems keys per se for EDACS, but there is an ESK key that may hinder some things. BUt first take into consideration, that youl will need software, program cables and rib and a very good idea of what you need to do, because while you can truly program an EDACS radio to not transmit or affiliate, unless you have an idea of what your doing, you could be the cause of problems to yourself and the system.
Unless they are ProVoice, I would recommend getting a scanner, besides which you can smonitor other types of systems and have a lot more storage. The cost and issues between just using a scanner usually add up. Also if you are an employee, many cities have a policy against personal radios on a system, and even a recieve only one would possibly qualify you for unemployment.. just something to consider.

OKMEDIC

Well, that pretty much answers the question. That's what I was thinking, I guess I just needed to hear the words from someone else. I'm really not looking forward to having to buy another radio. I love my 7800r. plus it mounts perfectly in my F150. Now if Uniden would just make a remote face radio, I wouldn't be as upset and they'd be a few hundred dollars richer. Thanks for the input fellas.

Status
Not open for further replies.