just out of curiousity, unlocking a 1010WA

Akuriko

Friday Harbor,Washington , in the San Juan Islands
So I was ordered to pick up some scanners for family members just in case of a big or small disaster happens or something else, anyways i chose these until the 1 family member says hay are these locked or not locked because there being sold on eBay,

not a bad price, so I message the seller he said go to this website, so I tried and my virus program flagged get my free code as a scam and dangerous site, so I am curious, is each code different or the same code for all the 1010wa scanners?

ay thoughts, I'm not going to buy this lot of scanners if it's going to be trouble unlocking it, I just thought I would ask

here is the link to the deal of new sealed whistler 1010wa

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Each code is different. You have to get the code via the GetYourCode website.

Fixitt

Retired ASE CMAT L1 MRRT
Premium Subscriber
Something important in that Lenovo article

‘A device must be purchased at an authorized retailer in order for the Activation Code to be activated and provided.’

and

‘If the unit was not purchased from an authorized retailer, you will not be able to receive an activation code.’

Akuriko

Friday Harbor,Washington , in the San Juan Islands
Something important in that Lenovo article

‘A device must be purchased at an authorized retailer in order for the Activation Code to be activated and provided.’

and

‘If the unit was not purchased from an authorized retailer, you will not be able to receive an activation code.’

Didn't know that, thanks for the heads up, reminds me of the didn't buy it through a dealer we are not warranting it, like on eBay yet again, so buy on eBay get shafted on warranty and possibly no code as you didn't buy it on a authorized dealer, so the funds would be a waste to buy the scanners, lol,

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
ay thoughts, I'm not going to buy this lot of scanners if it's going to be trouble unlocking it, I just thought I would ask
-
From the Whistler web page:

I purchased a Whistler product from Ebay, Craigslist, Garage Sale, etc. that requires an activation code. What can I do?​

If you have purchased a used Whistler product that requires an activation code you can do one of the following:
Visit www.getyourcode.com and enter the Disa number from the unit. This website will return the activation code.
IF you receive an error message that says "This unit was not purchased at an authorized retailer" please use the Contact Us section of our website to send us an email which includes the Disa number. We will do our best to activate the unit. However, since Disa is a program managed by Walmart, it may take us a few days.

The DiSa "getyourcode" website probably has an expired "secure website certificate" that's tripping browser security settings. I've used the DiSa website for other Ebay items without issue several times. You can choose to allow your browser to proceed to the site and get your activation code using the DiSa barcode number on the box. As mentioned above, If you get the error "This unit was not purchased at an authorized retailer", use the "contact us" form on the Whistler website.

This screen grab shows what you see on the "getyourcode" website.

disa.png

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the walkthrough
-
Your welcome... If you get one of those scanners, please let us know if you were successful in getting the activation code and unlocking the scanner. There have been questions on RR about that before, and maybe others will see that auction and come here looking for info.

TAbirdman

Need to verify if the unit is showing a phone number on the screen or not. If it is the unit is locked - run away and find another one.