Just picked up a Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium

Grunddiigg

Just picked up this great radio. Initial reactions are that this is a freaking huge radio and I like that!

It is picking up the typical SW radio stations as expected in my noise drenched office on par with my other receivers. Looks like it was an early one may of 2000 if what it looks like from the serial number. I want to get a wellbrook at some point and really see how it performs but so far so good.

I picked up DIA (Denver International) aircraft traffic on the air band very clearly so that was a lot of fun too!

I would like to take it too a tech to go through it and do a general service but it seems most of those are non existent these days.

PXL_20230214_205511600_copy_1313x984.jpg

I have some Tecsun Radios that are fabulous on Shortwave but this is just a fun radio regardless so far and seems to be holding its own pretty well. Feel free to share your experiences!

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
Google the Satellit800. It has a pretty interesting design history. I think its a pretty decent performer. I connect mine to my ham vertical a lot. Does fine with just its internal antenna though.

majoco

Stirrer
So given a choice, would you buy an Eton Elite 750 or a Tecsun S2000? They look identical but I have never had any problems with the three Tecsuns I have used and abused!

Grunddiigg

So given a choice, would you buy an Eton Elite 750 or a Tecsun S2000? They look identical but I have never had any problems with the three Tecsuns I have used and abused!
They are the same radio. I would go with the Tecsun S2000. You can get a good price from anon-co.

They are just using their name to sell them for more money.

I owned a Grundig Satellit 750 for a few years. I thought it was a great radio. Still though it's the same as the Tecsun just a different name slapped on it.