Just placed an order for an Alinco DJ-X11T, anyone have one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

svenmarbles

Premium Subscriber
There’s not much in the way of Facebook groups, or even an Alinco forum here.

I’m sure I’ll have questions when I get it. Would be nice to know if there’s anyone here to bounce things off of...

One question I already have is about the computer “SDR like” controlling capability. Does it draw a sample of spectrum and display in waterfall form? Also do you need to have the IQ as well as the ERW-8 connected at the same time to get both audio pass through as well as controls?

jhooten

I've had mine for about 10 years. It is a good compact unit for analog signals. I seldom hook it up to the computer, it goes with me outdoors most of the time.

Hook up a proper antenna and you may be surprised how good it is on shortwave.

svenmarbles

Premium Subscriber
I've had mine for about 10 years. It is a good compact unit for analog signals. I seldom hook it up to the computer, it goes with me outdoors most of the time.

Hook up a proper antenna and you may be surprised how good it is on shortwave.

I received it today. The shortwave is adequate. I fashioned a random wire to an SMA and it pulled in everything that my Tecsun PL-330 could. One thing that I couldn’t determine is if there are any bandwidth filters or not.. I found something that chops off the high end of the audio (that contains mostly noise) and that sort of served the same purpose I guess. I’d like a narrower bandwidth in LSB than it seems to have by default. I can tune the 40 meter hams, but they’re washed in atmospheric noise. On the PL-330 I can bring the filter in tighter and makes them a lot more intelli

On F tune, I’m not having much success with it. It finds pager signals almost immediately and stops the tune... I couldn’t determine if there is any sort of “lock out” function to block these known pager frequencies. Would be really helpful.

It really seems to receive VHF/UHF very well. Set next to my more inexpensive scanner it has a much nicer and clear signal on just their own whips respectively. This would definitely be the one I’d pick up to tune something like that in....

svenmarbles

Premium Subscriber
Also, is the gain control reversed? 1 being most and 10 being least?.. Kind of seems like it. HF is useless if you don’t have the gain all the way down...

Gadgeteer2000

There’s not much in the way of Facebook groups, or even an Alinco forum here.

I’m sure I’ll have questions when I get it. Would be nice to know if there’s anyone here to bounce things off of...

One question I already have is about the computer “SDR like” controlling capability. Does it draw a sample of spectrum and display in waterfall form? Also do you need to have the IQ as well as the ERW-8 connected at the same time to get both audio pass through as well as controls?
Yes, got mine yesterday (Japan version). Really nice so far. Just need to sort out the software issue (I can download frequencies but upload does not seem to work - see my other post). Overall, very happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.