Just programmed new Uniden BCD536HP, all channels work except main fire dispatch channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomes2789

Premium Subscriber
Hey!

So I just programmed my new UnidenBCD536HP (Westchester County, NY).

I'm a Fire Lieutenant here, and the channels I scan are Westchester County Fire/EMS, as well as my local Police Departments.

Our County Dept. of Emergency Services (60 Control) finally just switched to digital trunking, so I had to upgrade my old Bearcat with this unit so I could still listen in at home.

I programmed 3 favorite lists: (1) "Analog" for legacy fire/ems channels and the main 60 Control fire dispatch (46.26 frequency), (2) "Digital" for the new Fire/EMS P25 digital trunking channels, and (3) "Police" for my local police channels. When I called Uniden, they advised me to separate like this for whatever reason.

All the channels appear to work (Analog AND Digital), EXCEPT for fire dispatch ("60 Control Fire/EMS, Analog, TGID 4816).

The scanner just doesn't receive it. It comes through on my pager, but even if I turn to and hold on to that channel on scanner, I hear silence.

This is driving me nuts, and any help is EXTREMELY appreciated.

Thank you so much!!
-DT

(Image attached for reference)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 12.15.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 12.15.40 PM.png
    145.1 KB · Views: 45

Tomes2789

Premium Subscriber
Hi & welcome to the RR forums:
Please ensure the Fire Dispatch service type is turned on otherwise the scanner will omit any talkgroup ID'ed as that service type ("Tag" column in DB)

Unfortunately does't seem like that's it, as the service type is already on. I can just sit on this channel like this and hear nothing. Is there any way for me to manually just program the 46.26MHz channel so I can make sure I see/hear it? Any further help really appreciated and thank you ahead of time!!

Tomes2789

Premium Subscriber
Hi & welcome to the RR forums:
Please ensure the Fire Dispatch service type is turned on otherwise the scanner will omit any talkgroup ID'ed as that service type ("Tag" column in DB)

Unfortunately does't seem like that's it, as the service type is already on. I can just sit on this channel like this and hear nothing. Is there any way for me to manually just program the 46.26MHz channel so I can make sure I see/hear it? Any further help really appreciated and thank you ahead of time!!

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
All the channels appear to work (Analog AND Digital), EXCEPT for fire dispatch ("60 Control Fire/EMS, Analog, TGID 4816).

I'm confused. Are you trying to listen to the analog dispatch frequency?

46.26000WPXW412BMCSQFire 1 DispFire Dispatch/Paging (60 Control)FMFire Dispatch

Or are you trying to listen to the patch between that frequency and a talkgroup on the new TRS, which (according to the DB) is 301?

Can you click on "Westchester County" (right above the entry you clicked on) so we can see how that channel is set up versus the rest in that system? I don't see any frequency associated with it, and there should not be a TG since it's a conventional analog frequency.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Is there any way for me to manually just program the 46.26MHz channel so I can make sure I see/hear it?
Yes, as mentioned above the analog 46.26 is not a part of the trunked radio system you originally reported from a programming standpoint (looks like TGID-301 may be a rebroadcast of it though). If you're certain this frequency is still in use you can enter it via "quick search" by pressing CHANNEL, enter 46.26 and press CHANNEL again. If you wish to store this frequency in memory you'll need to program it as a conventional frequency, while in Quick Search, press "E" key and you'll be given the option to do a "quick frequency save" or if you choose "no" here you can choose to save it to a favorites list

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It appears that you still have the old analog trunked system BD02 in your favorites list. That system is gone, only the new digital system is active. You can delete that entire branch of Analog>Westchester County, and leave only the new Digital>Westchester County.

I should also point out that the new digital talkgroups have changed in the database since the last update to Sentinel. You still have the old list under the Digital system (there are no Tactical talkgroups on the new system, and the Operations talkgroups have changed).

I would strongly suggest waiting until Monday morning, then updating Sentinel's database, and redo the Digital favorites list so that you have all of the correct talkgroups in the scanner.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
By the way, the 60 Control talkgroup is not the same as 46.26. It's the 60 Control talkgroup on the trunked system, not fire paging.

Tomes2789

Premium Subscriber
By the way, the 60 Control talkgroup is not the same as 46.26. It's the 60 Control talkgroup on the trunked system, not fire paging.

Thanks so much for this! I'm def an amateur even though I've been using scanners for decades haha.

Ultimately though, do you know what channel/setting I need to hear the tone-out channel? Because our pagers are still getting toned out on 46.26, so I'm just trying to figure out how to hear the tones/dispatches LOL!!

Thanks!!

Tomes2789

Premium Subscriber
I'm confused. Are you trying to listen to the analog dispatch frequency?

46.26000WPXW412BMCSQFire 1 DispFire Dispatch/Paging (60 Control)FMFire Dispatch

Or are you trying to listen to the patch between that frequency and a talkgroup on the new TRS, which (according to the DB) is 301?

Can you click on "Westchester County" (right above the entry you clicked on) so we can see how that channel is set up versus the rest in that system? I don't see any frequency associated with it, and there should not be a TG since it's a conventional analog frequency.

Yepjust trying to listen to 46.26, and I cant seem to get it

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
46.26 should just be a conventional entry with FM as the mode and the service type Fire Dispatch enabled. Are you manually adding this freq to the scanner or doing it thru Sentinel?

k2hz

Database Admin
46.26 should just be a conventional entry with FM as the mode and the service type Fire Dispatch enabled. Are you manually adding this freq to the scanner or doing it thru Sentinel?
FYI - I contacted the OP on Friday to see if I could help and he told me he had resolved the problem himself shortly after his last post by manually entering the frequency and it was working.

Status
Not open for further replies.