Just Purchased A 436 HP And Have Some ?s

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerjunkie

Ok so my BCD436HP is due to arrive next week and i have a few questions. 1 does uniden provide their version of ezscan for the 436 so you can adjust the scanners settings, update both the firmware and database? 2 whats the most recent firmware the 436 is at right now? just want to be sure my 436 is up to date when i get it. any info would be great. thanks.

marksmith

It is called Sentinel and you can download it now and play with it before the radio comes.

In fact, after installing it, you can update it with the latest full database, and start playing with favorites lists.

It is used for upgrading the firmware. When you get your radio, connect it, and you can update to the latest firmware in a couple minutes. The latest non-beta, approved firmware will always be installed using this option.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Ok so my BCD436HP is due to arrive next week and i have a few questions. 1 does uniden provide their version of ezscan for the 436 so you can adjust the scanners settings, update both the firmware and database? 2 whats the most recent firmware the 436 is at right now? just want to be sure my 436 is up to date when i get it. any info would be great. thanks.

You can watch some of the videos this person made https://www.youtube.com/user/k4dps/videos

Not sure if the radio you get has DMR built in if not you can buy a key for it.

AdamM312

Sentinel

I have used this software for quite sometime and find it very useful and very easy to upgrade and program. It is an awesome piece of software. Just remember to connect your scanner on Mondays and update the database in the radio.. :)

vpasq

Also, go to markscanners.com and read the easier to read references for the scanner and sentinel. They will save you hours of confusion! Great scanner - good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.