Just Purchased a BCD436HP and Sentinel Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyemt774

Premium Subscriber
Just purchased a 436, loaded the Sentinel on my Computer. I'm old school and this scanner is Like WOW!! it's Daunting. I managed to somehow get it scanning my area. But Not sure how I did it in sentinel. I wish there was a manual of some type which would take you STEP by STEP Explaining from START to FINIISH how to program it. I feel so overwhelmed. I want to learn, but am having a hard time understanding the newer logic to programming it. I know it can be done, others have learned. Is there such a thing out there? Thanks!!

N4DJC

I’ve had my 436 for a few weeks and love it. A far cry from my scanners of the past, but not as intimidating as some said it would be. My advice is to read as much as possible here, there’s a wealth of information available. I discovered a lot just digging into the menus and sub-menus. So many features, just take it a step at a time.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Overwhelming only at first. Once you have spent time on the radio and understand it and the Sentinel software even more, you will find it is like anything else - repetition is the key. After a while it becomes as easy as any other scanner.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
Just purchased a 436, loaded the Sentinel on my Computer. I'm old school and this scanner is Like WOW!! it's Daunting. I managed to somehow get it scanning my area. But Not sure how I did it in sentinel. I wish there was a manual of some type which would take you STEP by STEP Explaining from START to FINIISH how to program it. I feel so overwhelmed. I want to learn, but am having a hard time understanding the newer logic to programming it. I know it can be done, others have learned. Is there such a thing out there? Thanks!!
I got you! sent the step by step instructions for manual and using sentinel in a PM.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Start out by only focusing on what you need to learn to get started. Don't get bogged down with learning all the features, some of which you may never use. Set up zip code scanning at first and don't bother with programming Favorite Lists until later. Just be aware that there'll be some common mistakes you'll make that tend to trip up many owners of the x36 scanners. The good news is that all the answers you need will be on this forum, and we've already made most of the mistakes for you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.