Just Purchased The BCD996T

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioGuy3007

Database Admin
Hello,
I just purchased this scanner, I have some questions for current owners. How well do you like this scanner? My area is some what encrypted but often they transmit in P-25 how does it come in on the scanner? Does it show ENC? Does it make noise or is it silent. What type of antenna do you use? Is this scanner simple to program?

Thank you!

teufler

Freescan software makes programming fairly easy. Encrypted stuff shows ENC when that comes up. A short burst or click, . Antennas are many. Scanner owners have antennas like leaves on a tree. Everyone has the best etc etc. If your hearing what you are scanning, stick with it. I use Austin Sprectre antennas inside, and a dual band diamond antenna outside. An outside antenna, any thing outside is going to be better than an inside antenna. Height is everything to vhf/uhf. p25 is good to sometimes warbely. Sometimes its like talking under water, but most of the time, its understandable. It beats a non p25 scanner. You have the abilty to fine tune but then the next p25 will need adusting. if you want perfect. you have A cable, you can program with that, sure beats trying to program with he keypad. Does your computer have a serial port as that cable is a serial to what ever Uniden calls the plug that plugs into the radio. If not, then you need to get a serial to usb convertor which is what I have. Alittle quirky to get setup but you only have to do it once.

Status
Not open for further replies.