Just Received My 436HP And Have A Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerjunkie

Ok so the 436HP has arrived and i updated sentinel and the firmware on the scanner. i uploaded the full database and now listening to all kinds of stuff but i ran into a issue with the delay setting. i tried changing the 2 second setting to 4 or 5 seconds but it still stays on 2 second delay only. how can i change the delay time? any info would be great.thanks.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Each channel and talkgroup has to be set individually to your delay time.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Ok so the 436HP has arrived and i updated sentinel and the firmware on the scanner. i uploaded the full database and now listening to all kinds of stuff but i ran into a issue with the delay setting. i tried changing the 2 second setting to 4 or 5 seconds but it still stays on 2 second delay only. how can i change the delay time? any info would be great.thanks.

You can only make those kinds of changes in a favorites list that you have created, they can not be made anywhere in the main database.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Yes. We've been complaining about it to Uniden for years.

A much better option would be to have a global Delay setting the user could adjust. Allow blank/null values in the Delay setting on each channel. If the channel value is blank/null, the global setting is used, but if the setting is populated, the channel setting overrides the global value.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The ARC 536 software has a tool to set channel delay times for the full database. It's kind of pricey to purchase the software to change that value. Plus everytime the full database is updated, one would have to go through the whole exercise again.

scannerjunkie

Thanks for all the info guys. boy what a difference going from ezscan to sentinel. finally getting used to using it. im liking the 436 more and more as i use it. had to bump up the contrast on the display to be able to see it. its a really nice unit. upman was really helpful with his youtube videos as well. i would be shocked if they didnt offer the nxdn upgrade on the 436-536. i wonder how much flash memory the 436-536 has?

Tim-B

When using the sentinel software you can quickly adjust the delay or volume offset or another setting across a whole department with just a few clicks.

Like this:

Go to any dept of your choice in the software.
Set the delay on the first talkgroup at the top of the list to what you want
Press ctrl c to copy that setting
Highlight all the rest of the delay column all the way down by clicking the delay setting box for the next talkgroups and holding your mouse button down and scrolling all the way to the bottom.
Now that they are all highlighted press ctrl v to paste.
Now all the talkgroups in that dept are set to the same delay

You can do it for multiple columns at once also. Suppose you want to set all channels to 5 second delay, +3 volume offset, ctcss of 151.4, then set those values for just the top channel then highlight all those columns and paste all the way down like I described above and all channles withing that departent list will be set with those settings

It works for other setting too. Like volume offset, avoid, service type, etc.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Think of Sentinel's edit screens as being like Excel or another spreadsheet. You can copy and paste from one row to another. You can also copy and paste multiple columns at a time.

K1IWN

I've always been a big fan of the 3 second delay. I when I first started using the 436/536/HP2 I couldn't fix each entry fast enough.

You can adjust the delay in Sentinel but it is a line by line, system by system, department by department, site by site tedious job to do so. I wish Uniden would make that simple adjustment in a future update.

With ARC536 by BuTel you can do it quickly and easily by highlighting the delay column and changing several at a time. The software also changes volume offset quick also, which I have found key for my regions P25's. I rarely use Sentinel since I started using ARC536, only to check for firmware upgrades.

Ubbe

How can I change the delay for the wildcard, ID search, from 2 sec to 10 sec? Is it at all possible?

The TG dissapears too quickly to see any info and when trying to replay it says "cannot replay while recording" and I have to go into the meny and drill down to replay, only to find out that when playing back the block of recordings I cannot step backwards from number 1 and have to step forward 100 times, only to find out that I accidently went past 100 and are stuck with "Play again?" and cannot step back to 100 again and I have to start over.

Isn't possible to make this more user friendly, instead of displaying the obvious "cannot replay while recording" let me land directly in the review recording menu with the latest recording block highlighted and let me go backwards from 1 to 100, or whatever the number of the last recording was.

/Ubbe

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Start Sentinel and Edit the active Profile. Look for the Search/Close Call and Custom Search tabs. You will see settings for the Delay time giving you choices of -10, -5, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10 or 30 seconds. (Negative seconds means the search resumes after 5 or 10 seconds, even if the transmission has not ended).

Ubbe

All delays in profile are set to the longest times available or 10sec.
Delays are set per TGs but there seems to be no default to change as I can see that change the "ID Search" TGs.

/Ubbe

Drumbum

You can also use bulk edit in ARC536 and select all and change whole states at a time, I personally love the software. I do all my editing on it

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Ubbe

No problem using bulk copy&paste in Sentinel. But the problem is to edit something that isn't shown.
Whistler has a wildcard TG that you can edit and add alerts and lights but Uniden has its wildcard/ID search TG parameters hidden to the user.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.