Just some info on Freescan

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS8

Premium Subscriber
I have grown tired of manually programming my BCD996T.I want to get software that will do the job
without a hassle.My computer skills are acceptable but I don't want to screw up the works.Saw Freescan
and of course the Arc series. Any help would be appreciated.

davedaver1

Premium Subscriber
If all you are looking to do is program it, Freescan is your best choice because.... it's free. It's a great piece of software.

As for screwing it up - once you install the software, read the data from the radio and save a file - you'll then have your backup configuration. Each time I make changes to my configuration, I save a new file. That way, if I mess things up I can go back to the previous version of things.

lep

Give Freescan a try. I had Arc for my 396T and switched to Freescan for my 396XT.

Sure, no reason NOT to try a free program. but, I use the ARC programs for all my scanners. (i have no connection with Butel software, I purchase all my ARC programs) I have ARC: for XT pro, ARC for the HP-1, ARC for the 250 etc etc. I like the customer service, the fact the owner is usually in Dayton and you can talk to him face to face at least once a year and, since I consider myself a professional person and expect to be paid I don't begrudge to fees to pay for a professionally done program. But that's just my opinion and your mileage may vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.