Just some thing your crazy uncle talked about...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reconrider

Are the pilots who fly workers to area 51 gov't employed or regular ol' pilots?

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
Are the pilots who fly workers to area 51 gov't employed or regular ol' pilots?

Aliens. I could not help doing that. Anyway, that is probably classified and perhaps covered by a non-existent firm so likely not to be determined. Similar for the bus that goes there with blacked out windows which I actually seen after having an Alien Burger with my son at the Alien Inn on the Extraterrestrial Highway (Hwy 375) in Rachel, NV (pop. 54) .

prcguy

I spent several weeks at Nellis AFB doing some radar measurements right off the runway and we had a video camera with 1200mm lens on one of the steerable dishes so I could see the Janet flight area with lots of detail. Every morning I would watch the Janet flights board with all kinds of different people, some in uniform, some not. It was interesting in the evenings to see the same people get off the plane, sometimes in white tennis outfits carrying a tennis racket and an M16. Weird stuff.

Reconrider

Aliens. I could not help doing that. Anyway, that is probably classified and perhaps covered by a non-existent firm so likely not to be determined. Similar for the bus that goes there with blacked out windows which I actually seen after having an Alien Burger with my son at the Alien Inn on the Extraterrestrial Highway (Hwy 375) in Rachel, NV (pop. 54) .
That’s actually really cool. I’ve been out that far west, but one day I’ll go near area 51

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
That’s actually really cool. I’ve been out that far west, but one day I’ll go near area 51

Note the mailbox to turn to see the back gate is re-painted different colors. The restaurant will sells a tiny map on how to find it.

kv5e

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
Alien Burger was great at the Little A'Le'Inn . . . . this was during Red Flag 09 and I learned a lot of interesting tidbits about that area of Nevada.

Back in 1999 I had a project at the NNSA that I had to prepare a RFQ for. If you get a chance to take the public tour there DO IT!!!!!

Atomic Tourist

At the Bechtel building in Mercury there's conference rooms marked "this room cleared for unclassified briefings" where I was taken. There was a photo mosaic covering one wall of the NNSA and adjacent Groom Lake that had all of the Groom Lake facilities and runways airbrushed out. I was checking out the mosaic when our host said " There are rumors of a facility located in this area that cannot be discussed here". Terraserver had great satellite pics of Groom Lake in 1999 so the secrecy posture was a little ludicrous. but I understand the need for it then.

There's a lot I can talk about, but let's just save that for a campfire after a few brewskis!

Status
Not open for further replies.