Just Starting Out -RS Pro-2055

Status
Not open for further replies.

myqidp

Hi all - I'm new here and new to scanners, etc. I've started out very slow and purchased a few used items (radios, scanners etc). I have a Radio Shack Pro-2055 that is giving me trouble. I'm sure it's me, but I have no idea how. Here's the rundown:
1. Scanner is used and programed with someone else's information from KY - I am in Texarkana
2. I purchased the easy to use (yeah right) RS Scanner Programming Cable with Trial Software.
3. I installed and downloaded freq for my area (great little list)
4. I followed all the instructions and ran the program.

Even after upload, I'm still stuck with the other's guy's name on the opening screen and all his freq from KY. I can't change it to my name and my uploads don't appear to be anywhere. It simply scans his KY freq. constantly after telling me my name is his in the opening. I had hoped the software would allow me to clear the scanner completely, put in my information and location, and then download my freq list. Maybe it does, but I don't know all the terms on this ARC 300 software.

I'm also working on the Ham Radio Lic, so I have no doubt I will be back. Oh additional information:
1. I downloaded the user manual and it says nothing about how to set the owner.
2. I have run the ARC 300 software connected and "uploaded to the scanner" the freq.
3. It says "Upload is complete, please remove cable from scanner to reboot scanner
4. Still can't find freq.

Thanks for any pointers - keeping in mind I'm new....

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I'm a Uniden guy...but there should be something in your software to allow you to erase the current programming in the scanner before you upload the new frequencies. There should also be a way to do a master reset of the scanner.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Even after upload, I'm still stuck with the other's guy's name on the opening screen and all his freq from KY. I can't change it to my name

Yes, you can change it to your name...

From the top tool bar in ARC300, click on "View", and then "Configuration".

The first block there is for the "Opening Message".

Take a look at the Easier to Read Manual here:

Easier to Read Pro-97/2055 Scanner Manual

You can reset the scanner to it's factory new state (no programming) and start fresh with just your programming. Click the index item "Scanner Reset".

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Did you install the cable drivers?
Did you connect the cable to the PC/IF jack? During data transfer the scanner should indicate that it is receiving data.
Did you select the correct usb/com number in the software?

Gommert
Butel Software

myqidp

Great! Everything is working now. I did put all the Texarkana bands on all 9 bands! but it scans them off. The reset suggested by Fxdscon and the link were very helpful - thank you. Butlesoftware - I had the wrong USB/Com set (it was 3) so it was no wonder nothing would transfer. Anyway, it is running through all the channels now and picking up all the Texas ones. I've heard the Arkansas ones moved to a different system - not sure what that means or if this scanner will get them, but so far I'm seeing a lot of Bowie county with an Miller county Arkansas once in a while. Thanks again for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.