Just to confirm, are MAC Airport Police and Eden Prairie Police now encrypted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAFC

It's been a while since I monitored either one of them and I'm not hearing anything now when I try.

Thanks in advance. :)

stmills

This is what I have as current Encryption Status in the Metro- law enforcement-
Airport - full encryption
Anoka - mains clear, some car to car encrypted
Carver - moving to full encryption
Dakota - mains clear, some car to car encrypted
Eden Prairie- full encryption
Edina/Richfield- mains clear, some car to car encrypted
Hennepin- full encryption
Metro Transit- clear
Minneapolis- clear
Ramsey- clear
Scott - full encryption
St. Louis Park - full encryption
University of MN, clear
Washington- main clear, some car to car encrypted

AAFC

Thank you, stmills for that information! :)

I may be able to add a small bit of information to your list.... I am not 100% certain on this but I believe "BLM PD TAC 10942" and "BLM PD TAC 10944" are the encrypted TAC talkgroups for Bloomington Police. Not to be confused with their original TAC talkgroups "BLM PD TAC 1 10936" and "BLM PD TAC 2 10938".

I noticed the Bloomington Police talking about going to their encrypted TAC channels if things start to get serious during the Floyd Riots last summer. This was not for BPD officers helping MPLS PD.... this was for BPD protecting the major businesses within their own city.

Since then I have also noticed one of my scanners picking up encrypted radio transmissions on normal business days. I suspect these are detective or other sensitive talkgroups conduction their daily work.

So from what I can tell, BPD has at least two encrypted TAC talkgroups, and at least one (probably more) talkgroups for other sensitive departments.

Thanks again for your reply.

peq387ab

Premium Subscriber
When I was down in the cities here last weekend I noticed that Trunker was also hitting on VA Hopsital PD in Minneapolis as an encrypted Talkgroup on their main as well. I also noticed that there were several other Talkgroups that were hitting on encryption. Some that I caught were Hennepin and Eden Prairie. Also North Air Care. Little different visiting the metro with living in NW Minnesota where virtually everything is in the clear and the encrypted Talkgroups don’t get used ever.

When I was down there I got several dispatch radio IDs, but for Hennepin County is there multiple dispatch centers or just multiple consoles? Anyone that can shed some light on this? Next time I go down I’m going to see if I can ID more radio dispatch IDs. I got roughly about 20ish in a sequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.