• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Just Verifying

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvining

Before I invest 10K in new radios, I need to validate that this configuration:

L30KSS9PW1 N
APX7500 SINGLE BAND VHF MID POWER
G806
ENH: ASTRO DIGITAL CAI OP APX
ENH: CONVENTIONAL OPERATION
ADD: AES ENCRYPTION APX7500
ADD: LIMITED FRONT PANEL W/CLOCK/VU
ADD: AC LINE CORD US

will allow me Analog Tone Remote operation by this controller interface:

<PDF MANUAL>http://www.connectsystems.com/products/manuals/Siemens_V203.pdf

Manual text:
selectable.
This version of the Flex series Universal Controller has separate
single ended and balance input and outputs. The balanced input and
outputs can be configured for two wire full duplex or half duplex
operation or four wire balanced audio allowing the user to hook up
to a simplex radio or hook up to a duplex radio operating in
either the half duplex mode or full duplex mode. All other
hardware features of the product remain the same as the previous
version of the FLEX SERIES UNIVERSAL CONTROLLER. The balanced
audio is on a separate four terminal screw type of barrier strip.
The rest of the signals are on a single ten position terminal
screw type of barrier strip.

The EIA tones will have the following levels preset at the
factory:
High level Guard Tone 10 dBm (2.4500 Volt into 600 ohm load)
Function Tones 0 dBm ( .7750 Volt into 600 ohm load)
Low level Guard Tone -20 dBm ( .0775 Volt into 600 ohm load)

norcaljpa

You don't need an external TRC adapter witn an APX consolette. It supports TRC, E&M, and ACIM control natively, in every configuration.

tvining

Pardon my ignorance, but EIA is covered in TRC, E&M, and ACIM control?

I can't do anything about the fact that I need the 'box', as I am controlling these with a phone system.

RKG

Pardon my ignorance, but EIA is covered in TRC, E&M, and ACIM control?

I can't do anything about the fact that I need the 'box', as I am controlling these with a phone system.

1) The EIA Function Tones ARE what "TRC" (Tone Remote Control) uses. So, yes, in this context, they are the same.

2) I cannot comment on norcaljpa's assertion (to the effect that TRC is standard, included now in all APX Consolettes), as my Consolette experience goes no later than XTL-based Consolettes. Those did require a TRC option (from memory: L146, but don't hold me to that); the TRC board replaced the standard AIB (Audio Interface Board). But, if norcaljpa is correct, then all you have to do is connect the two wires from your phone line to the appropriate terminals in the accessory connector, program the unit, and you're in business.

3) Note that there is never a reason for going 4-wire when using a Consolette based on a mobile radio; the mobile radio can't do full duplex regardless of how wired.

hitechRadio

1)
3) Note that there is never a reason for going 4-wire when using a Consolette based on a mobile radio; the mobile radio can't do full duplex regardless of how wired.

Yes the Consolette is not Full-Duplex, but that does not mean 4 wire should never be used. Depends on the functions he desires, if trunked deff. go with 4-wire.
4-Wire should be used if wanting to hear Status tones back from consolette. Example's: talk permit tone's, busy tone or key fail. I believe the Consollette has battery backup, those BBU tones may need 4-wire to be heard on the console end.

&#8226; The APX Consolette supports E&M, TRC, MCD 5000 and ACIM remote control.
&#8226; E&M control allows user access to 1 channel only
&#8226; TRC (TONE REMOTE CONTROL) control allows user access to 16 channels
&#8226; ACIM control allows user access to 255 channels using the MCC 7500/CCGW
&#8226; MCD 5000 control allows user access to the full channel capability of the radio (ex.
1250)

Don't need the FLEX Controller!

Last edited:

tvining

My radios are in, I have TRC enabled, and it is set for the tones. However, we can't find where to set the reaction when the radio receives "F1 select" tones.
Where in the codeplug do we build in that function 1= give me zone 1 channel 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.