Just Want Pasadena PD and Verdugo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I was directed to this forum from the Uniden forum by the nice person from Kentucky. I can't stand that it has been nearly 2 years that I can't get Pasadena PD and Verdugo now. All I want is a simple inexpensive (as possible) digital scanner so that I can sit and sew and scan. I have been in a Pasadena scanner family since I was 4 and I am now 60! So if anyone could advise me on what to do in order to get that result I would greatly appreciate it....thanks in advance....terri

HopperD

Premium Subscriber
Pasadena PD is scrambled now so unless you have a government issued radio, you won't be able to pick them up.

As far as Verdugo, if I'm not mistaken you can pick it up on ICIS. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

By the way, I used to like listening to Pasadena PD also and was saddened when they went digital.

jazzbassNick

Feed Provider
I listen to the Pasadena site of ICIS: P25 regularly using 2 RTL sticks and Unitrunker (piped through DSD+). Everything that comes up under Pasadena PD is encrypted including dispatches. Occasionally they'll use their "Media Broadcast" TG, but that's pretty rare.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Good to know - thanks for the heads-up.

BTW, Pasadena Dispatch (TG2465) is indeed encrypted. I haven't seen that they use "Police Media Dispatch Broadcast" very much at all.

Pasadena got a lot of media attention over their whole encrypted PD network so they created what is called the "Police Dispatch Media Talkgroup" which honestly is a big joke. They hardly ever use it. This is so nobody can complain anymore. And if so the police chief can tell the public and say heh we have a media dispatch talkgroup dedicated to you people so "shut up"

pepsima1

Banned
Hi, I was directed to this forum from the Uniden forum by the nice person from Kentucky. I can't stand that it has been nearly 2 years that I can't get Pasadena PD and Verdugo now. All I want is a simple inexpensive (as possible) digital scanner so that I can sit and sew and scan. I have been in a Pasadena scanner family since I was 4 and I am now 60! So if anyone could advise me on what to do in order to get that result I would greatly appreciate it....thanks in advance....terri

Hey Grandma welcome to the new digital world. Honestly there are no cheap digital capable scanner radios anymore and if you are going to buy one then I would get the one that has the full USA database so you can program on the fly but its going to be tough learning curve un-less you have somebody to help you out. ICIS can be complicated since there are a couple of different trunked systems still in use.

Plan on just listening to surrounding PD talkgroups and pencil out Pasadena and Santa Monica. They are dead in the water for good. Verudgo Fire is all open in the clear. You can message me if you want some more information if you are serious about buying a radio.

Uniden BCD436HP or the BCD536HP for home use. 500 to 600 bucks. I would not buy anything less. You will be dis-appointed.

Thanks, for all the information. I am still pretty cornfused. By inexpensive I kinda mean under a grand. Does that help? Also, I think I will be able to figure it out. I am pretty good with learning curves. My main question is, does anyone actually scan Pasadena PD and Verdugo with a digital scanner right now. I am aware of all the I heards. I need real time info. I would like to know if in real time a digital scanner is capable of broadcasting the original dispatch of the Pasadena Police Department as well as all traffic on Verdugo? I can certainly wait until I get a firm answer. BTW with dispatch only and then encrypted traffic, you can still get the 411 if you also scan EMS for the city because they will stage and blab....thanks again, you are all so sweet to answer! :)

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Lets say you get the BCD436HP or the BCD536HP. Basically the best scanners out there. You can listen to Verdugo with absolutely no problem.

The only way you can listen to Pasadena PD is by scanning the Media channel. They don't broadcast everything, but it is your only option to hear potential dispatches. 95% of Pasadena PD is not monitorable by anyone. They use total encryption. Nothing you will be able to do to get around that barrier.

The most anyone should pay for a scanner is 600. If your budget is 1000, you have absolutely no issue.

BCD436HP- portable, around $500
BCD536HP-mobile, around $600

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pepsima1

Banned
Thanks, for all the information. I am still pretty cornfused. By inexpensive I kinda mean under a grand. Does that help? Also, I think I will be able to figure it out. I am pretty good with learning curves. My main question is, does anyone actually scan Pasadena PD and Verdugo with a digital scanner right now. I am aware of all the I heards. I need real time info. I would like to know if in real time a digital scanner is capable of broadcasting the original dispatch of the Pasadena Police Department as well as all traffic on Verdugo? I can certainly wait until I get a firm answer. BTW with dispatch only and then encrypted traffic, you can still get the 411 if you also scan EMS for the city because they will stage and blab....thanks again, you are all so sweet to answer! :)

Well Grandma good luck on the learning process. Just don't get the two different trunk systems mixed up.

There is an Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface trunked system and Project 25 Phase I APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive system. Both systems carry the Pasadena and Verdugo stuff you are looking for.

Thanks for all your help, folks. I went with the Uniden Home Patrol. It has upgrades galore so I can get it all squared away pronto. One of the wonderful things about being 60 is that with advancing age comes amassing financial assets. If I can't figure out the "trunking" or the programming, I can certainly pay someone to do that grunt work for me while I have fun doing something else. I figure you don't have to cook the whole chicken if all you want is the drumstick. And btw, unless you're the child of my child, I ain't your Grandma....I will keep you updated about the Pasadena PD dilemma once I am squared away...regards...Pasadenaterrib

pepsima1

Banned
Ouch to Uniden Home Patrol Radio.. The audio and the sensitivity to receive is not the greatest
I can agree that no one on this site would of recommended that radio. I bought one of those radios just for testing to see what it was all about and returned it in two days. Probably one of not so good radios that Unden produced. For the money you should of just bought the BCD536HP. Plus you are going to have to spend another 100 bucks ontop of the purchase price to get "The Extreme Upgrade Package"

Thanks, I guess I don't need all the fancy stuff. I got the Uniden Home Patrol today, plugged it in, pushed some buttons and voila! I got Verdugo dispatch and (sadly encypted and silent) PasadenaPD along with a gazillion other stations (I am 9 miles from Los Angeles). I just touched the keypad when Verdugo came on and that locked it and I have been happy as a clam for all day. So except for Pasadena Police who just don't want anyone listening, I have been able to tell what has been going on....("Verdugo 34 please contact PD for an S5) tells me everything I need to know :). Thanks again for all your help.....terri

Status
Not open for further replies.