Justice Air...

Status
Not open for further replies.

intrepid97

Has anyone heard that one before?

Heard that plane calling in to Scott AFB Belleville,Il this morning.

Last edited:

AngelFire91

Database Admin
Just throwing out a guess here, but maybe the U.S. Marshels "Con-Air" for transporting inmates?? or maybe something like that. Since it was at a military base maybe it's the military version? Just a guess.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
AngelFire91 said:
Just throwing out a guess here, but maybe the U.S. Marshels "Con-Air" for transporting inmates?? or maybe something like that. Since it was at a military base maybe it's the military version? Just a guess.
That was my guess too. :)

bob1857

Justice Dept is now flying illegal immigrants around( picking up along the way) and debarking at central site I think is in Texas where they are sent back home(south). I know they make several stops, one of them in Ill, Louisiana..not sure of other stops. This might be what you are hearing.
I was offered to work for a company doing contract with goverment to suppliment US agents.

musicman1260

Actually the JUSTICE aircraft serve 40 cities on a regular baasis and others as needed,the fleet includes 727s,737s,md-82s and several smaller aircraft and all of them are leased not registered to the MARSHALLS SERVICE.If you hear the flight number i can help figure out what aircraft it is as i have a listing of all of them.

K0ATC

I worked at Scott AFB for 6 years as an air traffic controller in the tower. That is the so called "CONAIR" flights done by the US marshels. They come in fairly often, atleast once a month sometimes more. What you really need to do is get in the parking lot of the termanal with an opto scout or something with the close call feature and see what you can get for ground operations.

K0ATC

Ok, I moved away about 3 months ago. I'm up in the Rockford area right now. Time for you to get a digital scanner down there huh? I just picked one up, couldnt hold it back any longer. The base is on an APCO25 vhf system, you should be able to get them from 50 out with a digital scanner and a good antenna. Good to hear from someone in the area.

intrepid97

I am waiting until the state moves into the Starcom21 system for good and go from there,I know a guy who works for ISP Comms in this area and he says they are looking at December before it is completed.

I will get a digital,I am hoping by then I can get a good deal on one and not pay through the nose for it lol

Last edited:

K0ATC

Well good luck, they typicaly dont lower the price unless it is useless LOL. I have to recommend the 996T, it is the first over the counter scanner that is a great piece of equipment. Its worth the money, you wont be dissapointed!

intrepid97

I've been leaning towards the 396 due to it's portability.

But the 996 looks like an awesome radio as well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.