Justice integrated wireless network notes(Seattle area)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stavro35

These notes are for talkgroups found to be in use on the JIWN Seattle site 6. So far no clear voice on any talkgroups except one . 13602 according to the database this is a radio tech talkgroup Other hits that are so far strictly encrypted are as follows

I got a Radioshack Pro106 for Christmas! :) I currently have the following radios . Radioshack Pro163 GRE PSR 500 Radioshack Pro164

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
13602 U.S Marshall service.

Just curious how you were able to ID this one, Steve. I happen to have some information on this talk group that indicates it does not "belong" to the US Marshals, but they would definitely be ones to use it…

- Chris

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
Just curious how you were able to ID this one, Steve. I happen to have some information on this talk group that indicates it does not "belong" to the US Marshals, but they would definitely be ones to use it…

- Chris

Chris is correct, this is not a USMS talkgroup.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
I heard someone identify themselves. It was like "Marshal #" or something along those lines.

Thanks Steve. Glad you were able to catch some traffic in the clear.

As I said, I have some reliable information on this talk group that it is likely an interoperability talk group and probably not assigned to the US Marshals Service. But please keep listening for stuff like this, as that's how we find things out!

- Chris

Stavro35

So, it's used by multiple agencies then Chris? I will keep listening. I have actually heard a lot of traffic in the clear, at times. It'll be interesting to see if I can find anything "NEW", during the NFC championship game next Sunday.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
So, it's used by multiple agencies then Chris?

Yes, that is what interoperability is all about - multiple agencies being able to talk to each other on a common talk group. The US Marshals operate a lot with other agencies - federal, state and local law enforcement.

- Chris

Stavro35

Well, that makes the "catch" even better really, since it's not just one agency. Along those lines, what can we expect next week with the NFC championship game?

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Well, that makes the "catch" even better really, since it's not just one agency. Along those lines, what can we expect next week with the NFC championship game?

I have no idea who might be on the IWN for that event, although I would bet money that the FBI and other agencies are involved in the event planning and will be at the operations center for the game.

As for the interoperability talk group you heard, all during November I was hearing what sounded like a Washington State Patrol dispatch console keying up that same talk group every time the WSP dispatcher talked. I was only hearing the dispatch side, and it was not on every transmission, but it was coming over several IWN sites down around Portland...

- Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.