K channels for Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmaness2001

Premium Subscriber
You may not get a simulcast B control channel in Tempe. Listen to simulcast F for K7/K8 and perhaps South Mountain or Thompson Peak for calls that are further out.

Kars10az

I live in Tempe and pick up Phoenix FD trunked on F, M and South Mountain just fine, I also receive stuff on B, although B is probably the most spotty.

Ed

KB7MIB

I live in Tempe and pick up Phoenix FD trunked on F, M and South Mountain just fine, I also receive stuff on B, although B is probably the most spotty.

Ed

I've asked before and not gotten a reply. Which simulcast or IR site are you calling 'M'? There is no M.

KB7MIB

Thomas, if you're having issues receiving Phoenix Simulcast B and/or Tempe Simulcast F, try using the South Mtn and/or Thompson Peak IR sites. You won't have multipath interference issues from the IR sites as you will from the simulcast sites.

I use the White Tank Mtn, South Mtn, Thompson Peak and Towers Mtn IR's for K-deck reception, in one scan list in my GRE PSR-500. I have it set for Multi-Site: Stat and Check All CC: Yes. I do not use any of the simulcast sites.

InlandAZ

Okay, I've been looking at the active CC's when I receive Phoenix FD. For me down here in Chandler ( about a block or 2 off the southern Tempe border) I'm seeing the South Mountain IR Secondary control channel & Thompson Peak Primary.

Make sure you program in both the Primary and Secondary CC's. Like I said, I have all of the CC's for any site located in Maricopa. Seems to work well for me.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
Just my two cents ---- I have simulcast B locked out and only scan South Mountain, Thompson Peak, White Tanks, North Mountain, Far North Mountain, New River IR & Sky Harbor IR. Now for the record I do not listen to any PD Talk groups other than interagency and the scanner is in my vehicle hence the need for the different sites. I have found by setting the radio up this way transmissions are 100% clearer and I believe I get all the PFD K Deck goings on.

KB7MIB

To the best of my knowledge, the K-deck fire talkgroups are not carried on the North Mtn or Sky Harbor IR's. (Sky Harbor does have it's own Emergency Dispatch and IMS talkgroups, but they're seperate from the K-deck talkgroups. I've only gotten the Phoenix solid waste department TG's 1501/1512/1513/1515, Maricopa County EOC TG 1565, Maricopa County Community College District TG's 4552/4554/4555, RF Tech TG 1594 and H-deck 1 TG 1767 on North Mtn so far.)
I'm not entirely sure if the Anthem/New River or Far North Mtn (Mt Gillen at 7th Ave and Carefree Highway) IR's carry K-deck talkgroups or not. I've only caught TG 1501 and TG 1767 on Mt Gillen, and I've only caught Phoenix PD A-6 TG 2994 on the Anthem/New River IR so far.

KB7MIB

Ok, it's not designated as M in the database. Should it be? Thompson Peak is an IR site, not a simulcast, and I thought only the simulcast sites were given letter designations?
Just trying to clear up my confusion :)

Kars10az

When the 800 MHz system was implemented, I was working for the City at the time. All of the sites had, at that time, a single-letter designation, and that's where I got my information. They may have since designated them differently. I went back to the information I had gotten back then and "M" was the letter designation for Thompson Peak IR at that time.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
To the best of my knowledge, the K-deck fire talkgroups are not carried on the North Mtn or Sky Harbor IR's. (Sky Harbor does have it's own Emergency Dispatch and IMS talkgroups, but they're seperate from the K-deck talkgroups.).

That's a fact. The only TGs on the Sky Harbor IR are the ones used at Sky Harbor. I also believe that the Sky Harbor IR is low power. I can only get hits off the site when I'm east of 75th Ave.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for putting up the K-Deck TGS. Was very good listening last night during the storm and I could stay in the house instead of sitting in the car....LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.