Status
Not open for further replies.

K7MFC

WRAA720
The biggest drawback I've found with consoles of this style is the reduced visibility of the radio displays, especially towards the bottom of th console. What are your thoughts on this after completing your install? I still prefer this setup over a full length center console in my trucks, however. I like the front bench seat and column shifter configuration, with the area above the transmission hump open. To me this is the "classic" pickup truck style, and reminds me trucks from years ago, when there was plenty of real estate to install your radios..

Also, what front fender antenna mount did you use? I initially purchased one, but once installed, I wasn't able to close the hood without scraping. I decided to put both antennas on the roof after that.

KN4GLY

For the L bracket, I went with Ford F150, Ford F150 Raptor (2015-2020) [436486+LPRG58+SCI+TAF FRD-5] - $29.95 : The Antenna Farm, Your two way radio source . I like that the bracket has clearance between the hood and fender. You can also loosen the three bolts in the fender and bring it out a little if you need clearance. For the center console, I also agree with you on space in-between the front seats. I did end up removing my fold down center seat and installing this custom center console from Ford F150 (pptexas.com) . This specific console was designed for Commercial trucks that were in the oil industry. The company also has a full console version that I did not choose to order. ***(Photo is from the manufacturer)
With the center flip down seat, I do believe your console or mine would be better with the headrest removed for visibility and radio clearance. One major difference between the two consoles is that yours is not angled towards the drivers as the Harris one is. However, you get more clearance on the hump.
I'm heading out the door now to fix my ground per your install guide ;)2017 Superduty Short Version (4).JPG

Last edited:

Yocuz

This is a great article with detailed instructions. Def a bookmark post! One question I do have. Were you able to relocate the two usb ports and the 12v dc port or did you do away with them? I did see one usb port in your phots but I thought that might be the add you made to program the radio with?

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
I did the full length plastix console this Christmas break. I removed the USB and 12 port from the center seat and plugged them back in. Right now they are jammed under the back. I'd like ot make a bracket for them when i have time.

Attachments

• console.jpg
    console.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 116

K7MFC

WRAA720
One question I do have. Were you able to relocate the two usb ports and the 12v dc port or did you do away with them? I did see one usb port in your phots but I thought that might be the add you made to program the radio with?

I did not end up relocating those USB ports. They are secured inside the console and accessible behind the lower panel, but they didn't provide sufficient amperage to be useful for charging devices, nor do I use the Android Auto feature of the stereo which required the phone be connected via those ports. They are needed by Ford service techs to perform some updates, so they remain connected, just unused by me. The USB port I installed is used to program the CS800D. That radio must be programmed with the DB15 port in the rear of the radio, and cannot be programmed trough the RJ45 jack on the front panel. I needed to leave the programming cable permanently attached to the rear of the radio, and is plugged into that USB port I added to the console. A USB type A <-> type A cable is then used to connect a laptop to that port when programming the CS800D.

Status
Not open for further replies.