k7nbc Baker County,Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.

fundalo

The feed's audio is very low,and with my account I cannot email the provider.

DickH

The feed's audio is very low,and with my account I cannot email the provider.

Since you live right there and all the freqs. are conventional VHF, why not get a scanner. Then you can crank the volume up as high as you like.
A used, non-trunking scanner can be found for around $25,

fundalo

Because I live 40 miles from Baker City through Snake River Canyon in a valley surrounded by mountains. Because I'm new to scanners I'm not sure of the range, this way I can get important information on road conditions. If you have any suggestions on antennas and cheap scanners I'd be interested in hearing them.
Thanks!

DickH

Because I live 40 miles from Baker City through Snake River Canyon in a valley surrounded by mountains. Because I'm new to scanners I'm not sure of the range, this way I can get important information on road conditions. If you have any suggestions on antennas and cheap scanners I'd be interested in hearing them.
Thanks!

This page shows a transmitter near Lime. If it's correct, you should get a signal right up the valley. Of course, the only way to be sure is to try it. Is there anyone in the area that has a scanner you can borrow to try? It looks like 154.8 is the best freq. to try.
WPTF690 (BAKER, COUNTY OF) FCC Callsign Details

An 18" antenna works for that freq.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.