Kaiser Bay Area - Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg6nlw

Railroad & Ham Radio Extrodinare
Premium Subscriber
So today while in the Terra Linda (Marin County) Kaiser area I tried listening in on their security which I had as 464.525Mhz. There was nothing but a digital burst every onve in a while on their "Main" channel of 464.325Mhz.

Did they switch to a new system or something totally different?

Regards,

-Frank C.

Radiobern

Feed Provider
So today while in the Terra Linda (Marin County) Kaiser area I tried listening in on their security which I had as 464.525Mhz. There was nothing but a digital burst every onve in a while on their "Main" channel of 464.325Mhz.

Did they switch to a new system or something totally different?

Regards,

-Frank C.

I believe most Kaisers are now using DMR or MotoTRBO. The new Kaiser in San Leandro is using 452.5 MHz with a color code of 10. Time slot 1 has talkgroup 101 and time slot 2 has talkgroup 102. The Kaiser in Redwood City is using 464.525 with a color code of 6. Time slot 1 has talkgroup 101 observed so far.

There are no scanners capable of picking up DMR/MotoTRBO at this time. However, a scanner modified with a discriminator tap and software can be used to listen. Also, using an actual DMR/MotoTRBO radio works as well.

Radiobern

Feed Provider
DMR Decoder did not seem to indicate that the frequencies I listed were Capacity Plus or Connect Plus. I do have 464.8 marked as Capacity Plus on my logs. They were using a color code of 2 but I couldn't tell who it was based on the context of the transmissions.

I'm fairly new to monitoring DMR/MotoTRBO since I recently bought a Connect Systems CS-700 for ham use. I use a Pro-97 with a discriminator tap to find color code, time slot and talkgroup using DMR Decoder. I also run DSD+ at the same time to hear the audio. Then I can program my CS-700 to monitor these frequencies with a handheld away from the computer.

If and when the database is set up to accept DMR/MotoTRBO information, I have some information for a couple of airlines, medical facilties and security for tech companies (ie Facebook or Google). These are all non Capacity Plus or Connect Plus systems, as indicated by DMR Decoder.

kg6nlw

Railroad & Ham Radio Extrodinare
Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys. Such a shame they think they need such "high end" encryption and such.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Status
Not open for further replies.