KAIT/Region 8 Storm Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
They’re on one of the systems a radio service provides up in the Paragould area. At least that’s my understanding. I know one of the mets there well and he said they don’t talk on the radio much at all, though.

drbeede

Feed Provider
They used to be on the Paragould Comm system, but I haven't heard them on there in ages.
Yeah I seen them listed on the Paragould comm was just wondering what the exact frequency was, Out of the ones listed at the top of the page, like the farmers using 463.4875?

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Yeah I seen them listed on the Paragould comm was just wondering what the exact frequency was, Out of the ones listed at the top of the page, like the farmers using 463.4875?

It's a system and those are the site frequencies, unless it's in the database wrong. Just like with a trunking system, you program all of the frequencies for a site and then the talkgroup(s) you want to monitor.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
On a trunked system, unless there is only ONE frequency in it, then you will miss a lot of the conversations etc by just monitoring one freq conventionally. Unless its a LTR Passport system, then you have to monitor the whole thing conventionally unless your running special software.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Speaking of ... We need to get this system separated into the two systems it is, if LTR is even still in use on it.... We need to get the NXDN portion figured out and set up as its OWN system. Need the SysID, Frequencies, LCN's and all. And we know the TGs are wrong for the digital,.. There is no digital LTR ID's.

drbeede

Feed Provider
Speaking of ... We need to get this system separated into the two systems it is, if LTR is even still in use on it.... We need to get the NXDN portion figured out and set up as its OWN system. Need the SysID, Frequencies, LCN's and all. And we know the TGs are wrong for the digital,.. There is no digital LTR ID's.
I'll try to help in any way I can, I listen to talk on this LTR every day, that's why I was asking questions, just to become more familiar with the whole thing and how it works.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I talked with one of the mets there again to verify since it'd been awhile. He said lately they'd gotten to where they were talking on it more than they had in the past, just keeping up with who is where, etc., but that right now they are in between StormTracker vehicles so the radios are not installed in anything. Only a few of the other station vehicle have radios so if they are using it at all right now it'd be minimum. I say that to say it may be hard to know if you have it programmed right for now, until they get mobile again.

Of course, you could plug in some of the other talkgroups listed under that system to see if you hear traffic there. I'm sure some are pretty active.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Someone in that area needs to do some discovery on this system and submit the updated info. I'm not there so I can't do it. If you're in that are and see this thread, let us know if you can/will run discovery or whatever on it and get the updated info.

Status
Not open for further replies.