Kalahari Water Park - Round Rock, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
So with the BIG Kalahari Indoor Water Park opening in Round Rock, TX with a convention center, I have been trying to find out the frequencies they will be on. I went over to it and ran close call on the 400mhz. range and nothing...but it might take some time.

Found this for their other location:

LTR Standard in the 463 range. Wonder if it might be this or another range.
Anyone else have any clues?

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
It'll most likely be either a Motorola Capacity Plus or Motorola Capacity Max system. Bearcom won the contract. Definately will be UHF.

WB9YBM

So with the BIG Kalahari Indoor Water Park opening in Round Rock, TX with a convention center, I have been trying to find out the frequencies they will be on. I went over to it and ran close call on the 400mhz. range and nothing...but it might take some time.

Found this for their other location:

LTR Standard in the 463 range. Wonder if it might be this or another range.
Anyone else have any clues?

They've also got a resort in Wisconsin Dells; assuming they have frequencies licensed for all of their resorts and that (maybe?) they're using the same frequencies in all their locations, searching their Wisc Dells info might provide leads as well...

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
So I am not very far from there - will be scanning those frequencies as NFM. But when you mention DMR - wonder if they will be part of the only DMR system I see in Williamson County - that doesn't show them yet.

All Points doesn't have a Williamson County site. WAM Radio does though. That won't likely be used for a new Bearcom install though.

Here's a little bit of background, originally there were two All Points locations, All Points of Austin and All Points (of San Antonio). The two split (APoA owned by Rick Lane and APoSA owned by Bill Morgan) and eventually Bill acquired Wear Radio in Waco as well. Consolidated Telecom Solutions bought both off of Bill (along with the local Texas Comm owned by Chris Bergman) and assumed control off all of the trunking systems which were either converted to Capacity Plus, left running or removed from service. When Pam Faver (owner of CTS) sold to Bearcom in 2016, Bearcom immediately liquidated all of the airtime (because it didn't mesh with the existing rental policy) and sold it off to an investment group called Xcel Bandwidth. Well Xcel was leasing spectrum from Bill who has a good chunk of 800 MHz spectrum (~130 channels between Waxahachie and Laredo) and they found themselves wound up in a federal investigation which saw their assets frozen. Their lease contract for the spectrum included a forfeiture of equipment for non-payment. So Bill acquired all of the equipment at all of the sites. Xcel had started building a Connect Plus system and moved over a handful of CTS/Bearcom customers from the All Points system to the Xcel system but they hadn't gotten more than two sites built. Which is pretty much where things stand today, granted there has been some drama between Bearcom (mainly the sales manager for Austin and San Antonio) and Bill Morgan (who also now owns Advantage Communications in Kerrville). That being said, my understanding is Bearcom learned from their mistakes the first go around and didn't sell off the S&P NXDN system as soon as they acquired it but a high profile customer like Kalahari, I doubt they'd put on an airtime system to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.