KAMO Power in MO and OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
Continuing some thoughts from this closed MO thread: KAMO Power

Ft Gibson, OK had been IDd as site 13 based on RAN13 on 153.155. Today, from my location in Joplin, MO with my beam pointing SSW to Ft Gibson it is banging in on 153.635 with RAN 27 and showing site 27. (Morning enhancement) Both freqs are on WQPC442 for Ft G. My inclination is site 13 may be incorrect, but would appreciate if anyone in the OK area may have further insight.

ALSO: I am seeing something I do not understand on some local KAMO sites. Lamar, Mo is ~ 35 miles from me and the cc 153.605 comes in very well all the time. BUT also from time to time, I get an NX4 continuous data sound on 151.97 with the same signal strength but only showing NX4 on the '536, no SISid or RAN. Makes sense it is KAMO, (no other license nearby with NX on it) but why does it transmit the NX sound but no data? Is it an alt cc for Lamar - but the primary cc is on at the same time so that does not seem likely. Have had similar occurrences for the nearby Pineville site also.

Thoughts?

thanks

nd5y

ALSO: I am seeing something I do not understand on some local KAMO sites.
You're saying this is a digital signal that appears to be from locations licensed to the trunked system but won't decode on any known mode? I'm seeing the same thing on the AEP P25 system. I think it's SCADA data channels.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
It "shows" NX4 on the '536 but no sysid/TG/SITE/RAN# shows. Scada over NX?

nd5y

Scada over NX?
It's capable of data so there is no reason why not unless nobody makes SCADA radios/modems for NXDN.

What I am seeing on the two AEP sites that I can receive all the time is they are each licensed for 5 channels. 3 channels are used for the P25 PII system and two channels have some kind of constant data that sound like almost like OpenSky. They don't appear to be part of the trunked system. The P25 CC never has any indication of data calls.

nd5y

It's capable of data so there is no reason why not unless nobody makes SCADA radios/modems for NXDN.
At least one company makes NXDN data radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.